Obama Storms out of meeting and continues to play chicken with debt limit.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Jul 13, 2011.

1. Max E.

Max E.

Looks like he had a hissy fit and stormed out of the room, and is willing to bring down the U.S. in order to play this wreckless game of chicken with the debt limit....

Does this kind of sensationalism/demagoguery sound ridiculous?

Leading credit rating agency Moody's said Wednesday that the U.S. government's impeccable credit rating was under review for a potential downgrade as tensions boil over in Washington with time running out to raise the nation's borrowing limit.

President Obama walked out of high-level negotiations Wednesday, saying according to a Republican aide, "I've reached my limit. This may bring my presidency down, but I won't yield on this."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...amid-stalemate-over-debt-limit/#ixzz1S2e45Szw

2. "I've reached my limit."
    ------------------------------

There is much truth to the saying behind every successful man is a great woman, Michelle ain't it. How can she let him act like some bitch on her period.

3. Ricter

Ricter

He's offered the reps twice what they asked for, they refused. He's offered the reps what they asked for, they refused. He's asked for an end to certain (wealthy) tax deductions, the reps refused.

4. Max E.

Max E.

On his own show tonight, Lawrence O'donnell said that Obamas proposal was a bluff, and that he wanted republicans to deny it, Obama gave a bunch of backdated bullshit that wouldnt take effect for many years.

5. Ricter

Ricter

If so, the reps were not clever enough to call it.

6. Ricter

Ricter

Good sparring today, by the way. I think I failed though, to compel you to look at the credit aspect of our bookkeeping. I think you still see only the debit side. I'm outta the ring for now, g'night.

7. lmao

:D

He got a tweet from Michelle: "Dinner is ready. Time to eat your peas. Honey, the peas are fresh from our White House garden."

8. Probably he had a tee time and didn't want to go out late and risk not getting 18 in.

The republicans have a winning hand here, provided they don't go wobbly at the last minute. Hold out for repealing obamacare and eliminating a few useless agencies and departments. If he refuses, let him deal with the consequences.

He ran up this insane debt to pay off the unions that bankrolled him. Why should the rest of us have to pony up to pay off his delinquent credit card?

9. Max E.

Max E.

I agree, at this point im just as disillusioned with them, as i am with the dems, the republicans are being fucking idiots right now.

10. Max E.

Max E.

It would be nice if the republicans had some spine right now, but they are fumbling around and fucking this whole thing up so badly that it is embarassing, they are basically tossing Obama a layup at this point.

They need to wise up and put the screws to Obama if this thing is going to go anywhere.

I created this thread title as a joke, making fun of the dems talking points/demagoguery but you can bet your ass that republicans will be to chicken shit to come out tomorrow, and make up the same ridiculous headlines dems have been for weeks. Problem is that the public falls for these headlines....

The Republicans should be all over the news tomorrow telling the media how Obama stormed out in a hissy fit, saying he would rather lose his presidency than make cuts. If we are going to play dirty, then lets play dirty, but republicans need to stop acting like pussies and they need to start playing the same game the democrats are, and they need to start playing by the same rules.

#10     Jul 13, 2011