Obama Stimulus Turns Three: What Has It Achieved?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Trader666, Feb 20, 2012.

1. what's hilarious is that if you replace the word 'Obama' with 'Bush', all these foaming-at-the-mouth Neocons would be rabblerousing at the success of this...

#61     Feb 21, 2012
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

What neocons are you referring to here? Call them out.

#62     Feb 22, 2012
  3. Right, and I just heard today on "Imus in the Morning" - a woman named Gerri Willis, a economic analyst, so to speak. She was asked about unemployment at 8.x percent. She said "well, when Bush took over, unemployment was at 4.x% - as if Bush had anything to do with what Clinton left him, economy-wise. Nothing said about about the Clinton surplus or the low rate, just "when Bush took over."

When Bush left it was about where it is now, 8.x%. Immediate rise up to about 10, then back down to about 8.x. Did Obama cause that rise? I don't know. Did he raise the number of guns and ammo purchased? Yes, because of fear of what he might do. Well, 3 years later, and guns and ammo are still readily available. Why do I mention this? It's all just spin, spin, spin. A little omission here, a slip of the tongue there, a mis-spoke, and welcome to our current political situation.

Again, too bad, really. Respectable people say not so respectful things, on both sides.

c

#63     Feb 22, 2012
  4. pspr

pspr

Just for the record, the unemployment rate was 7.6% in January 2009 when Obama was sworn in. And, that was before millions of job hunters were taken off the lists of unemployed that artifically is lowering the unemployment rate today. The fact is that Obama has done little to bring unemployment down and get the economy growing.

#64     Feb 22, 2012
  5. From previous post:

I responded with: A new report by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office estimates that 1.4 million to 3.6 million people currently employed owe their jobs to the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, better known as the stimulus plan.
    Can’t say much about words like “unleashed” and “ignite” sorry.

And, using 'done little' is like 'ignite' in that they are just words, not facts. YET, I admit that we're both handicapped a bit by relying on gov't figures.

c

#65     Feb 22, 2012
  6. jem

jem

A report which is absolutely impossible to verify as accurate... because there is no way to know what would have happened if Obama and the banks did not throw trillions to their cronies.
    We could have hit bottomed cleaned out the inefficiency and on an boom right now.

#66     Feb 22, 2012
  7. pspr

pspr

Here are some more wordy explanations if you don't like "done little" to create jobs:

Obama kills Keystone pipeline - kills up to 20,000 jobs

Obama creates thousands of business regulations that arguably costs hundreds of thousands of jobs

Obama blocks offshore drilling that costs tens of thousands of jobs

Obama blocks oil shale projects cost thousands of jobs

Washington Post: Obama Green Jobs Cost $5 Million Each (that money was sucked right out of the economy killing more jobs)

Need I go on?

Not only has Obama "done little" to create jobs, he has done much to destroy them.

#67     Feb 22, 2012
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

[​IMG]

#68     Mar 1, 2012