Obama Stimulus Turns Three: What Has It Achieved?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Trader666, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Actually, none of these are terrible ideas. As you know my issue would be with the DoE. Since it was created to help ensure equal educational opportunities.

We would have to talk more about that, but Pres. Tso, how would you get this thru Congress?

That is the real question.

The plan is not bad, but how will you get house and senate approval?

#51     Feb 21, 2012
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I would sell them out. I would put each of these ideas to the American people as something that had to be done. I would offer an open debate to anyone in the other party who wanted to talk with me - live - in front of the American people if they wanted to fight it. I would then initiate the bill and name each and every congressman or senator that opposed it openly in a television address. I would urge the people who elected that person to throw him out next time in office.

As for the DoE, I know why it was created. The problem is that it never has done what it was created to do. It is a failure. And it's time to put it down.

#52     Feb 21, 2012
  3. jem

jem

White males of today are not trying to roll back the clock. We are trying to hold back the tide of liberal destruction. America was a great country for white people. no doubt about it.
    It was relatively good country for every one else.
    But liberals and leftists are out to destroy what made it great simply because they do not like the majority.

Destruction for the sake of change is not a worthy goal.

What happen to schools when you took God and morality out?
    What happened to Congress.
    What happened to Wall Street.
    What happened to the black population when you allowed abortion clinics to open up near black neighborhoods. 20 million black people killed.

Leftists kill societies.

#53     Feb 21, 2012

4. He said: At the time, Obama claimed that it would "create or save" up to 3.5 million jobs, and that "a new wave of innovation, activity and construction will be unleashed across America." The stimulus, would, he promised ""ignite spending by businesses and consumers" and bring "real and lasting change for generations to come."

I responded with: A new report by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office estimates that 1.4 million to 3.6 million people currently employed owe their jobs to the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, better known as the stimulus plan.
    Can’t say much about words like “unleashed” and “ignite” sorry.

He said: Stimulus price tag: The original estimate for the cost of the stimulus was $787 billion. Now the Congressional Budget Office says that, when all is said and done, it will have cost $825 billion.

I responded: This stunning arithmetic — when paired with the CBO prediction that, worst-case scenario, the Troubled Asset Relief Program will cost only $25 billion — debunks popular fantasy: that the money was wasted.

He said: Unemployment rate: The jobless rate is unchanged from February 2009 to January 2012, the latest month for which we have data. Both stood at 8.3%, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Obama's economists had initially predicted that with the stimulus, unemployment would stay below 8%.

I responded with: Critics call the stimulus plan a failure because the administration predicted the $800 billion would keep unemployment from rising above 9 percent. That, of course, was wrong. But economists now estimate that without the stimulus, unemployment — which last month stood at 9.6 percent — would be at least 12 percent. Stimulus money saved GM and Chrysler and the jobs of construction workers, teachers, police officers and firefighters.

Not perfect by any means, I understand that.

c

#54     Feb 21, 2012
  5. I actually agree that he should, and likely will, use the money for infrastructure. Yes, including the Keystone pipeline. I would rather see workfare not unemployment.

c

#55     Feb 21, 2012
  6. Ron Paul plans to do exactly what you are suggesting.
    Media should embrace him, they would have so much material to make a news till the kingdom comes.

#56     Feb 21, 2012
  7. 377OHMS

377OHMS

The problem is that losers and nutballs like you support him effectively chasing away anyone with half a brain.

#57     Feb 21, 2012
  8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I agree. And if that makes me a loser or nutball, then I am just that. Oh well.

#58     Feb 21, 2012
  9. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Its a shame. You seem otherwise reasonable.

#59     Feb 21, 2012
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

+1

#60     Feb 21, 2012