Obama Stimulus Turns Three: What Has It Achieved?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Trader666, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Within my reach, nice 327 and 283, 'good' 454. And, a just rebuilt 440 MoPar.

c

#21     Feb 20, 2012
  2. #22     Feb 20, 2012
  3. 377OHMS

377OHMS

This.

The stimulus was a mechanism by which taxpayer money was stolen and given to supporters of the President.

The dollar cost per job created is ridiculous. It was pure and classic corruption.

Nothing Barrack Obama does is for the benefit of anyone but he, his friends and his political party.

Everyone knows that I believe he will be reelected. My best friend, a jew, revealed this weekend that he will vote for Obama, again. He also watches MSNBC and might be the smartest person I know. That is how I know that this country is finished. In the immortal words of Chick Hearn the light is off, the refrigerator door is closed and the milk is getting cold. Finished.

#23     Feb 20, 2012
  4. That's a puzzle. It's hard to see what they see or understand what they are thinking.

I read an article recently (can't find it now), it was about the last bi partisan Congress (where politicans worked together for the good for the country) was maybe 20 years ago and the author wondered if we'd ever have another.

#24     Feb 20, 2012
  5. pspr

pspr

Did he say that before or after you beat the crap out of him? :D

(I'm just tying to determine if your friend was telling the truth)

#25     Feb 20, 2012
  6. What you might want to think about is the GOP by and large is covertly racist, and overtly anti-gay and pro-Christian, and their version of pro-christian means anti anything other religion. If you can be Anti-Islam, you can also be Anti-Semitic, and your friend gets this.

What sane Jew would vote for that platform? Especially considering their history, just because they are not the target today, does not mean they won't be the target tomorrow, and people like Santorum and Newt are the start of a very slippery slide.

#26     Feb 20, 2012
  7. What I am really getting at is it is social conservatism that is sinking your ship. Most people are reasonably okay with fiscal conservatism. But when you try to roll back the clock, you are doomed. The only people who are not acutely sensitive to that is white men. When it comes to that, you guys are horrendously outnumbered.

Think about it. White males vs. Blacks, women, gays, hispanics, jews, Asians, and Indians.

The GOP will not see this today. Reagan did tho, hence his, big tent. He was trying to save the party, and he did.

You can complain about the end of the nation if you want, do you how that really plays?

It plays as whining about no longer having a monopoly on power. No one is sympathetic to that.

#27     Feb 20, 2012
  8. And, just so you know, any white male who is married to a liberal woman is likely to be liberal as well, and there are also a percentage of white males who are gay.

Just so you truly see the reality of your position.

#28     Feb 20, 2012
  9. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I didn't think I was grousing there, just stating my view of the situation.

The country is being incentivized to not achieve, profit, explore or advance.

People will come to regard sitting around playing video games and waiting for a government check to be normal. People who manage to make money will be regarded as villains.

If I'm coming off as embittered I do apologize. I speak from a sense of loss.

I do think, however, that the BS about the GOP being racist is plainly stupid.

#29     Feb 20, 2012
  10. 007Arb

007Arb

What has the Obama stimulus achieved??? Well, if you were a trader/investor your net worth has increased substancially over the past three years as evidenced by the rise in the various stock market/ junk bond indexes. And no, I am not an Obama fan
    but were I voting with my pocketbook and not my heart he would definitely have my vote in 2012.

#30     Feb 20, 2012