Obama speeches and the market

Discussion in 'Politics' started by tradersboredom, Feb 26, 2009.

1. LEAPup

LEAPup

Ooh rah!!!!! So true!

#21     Feb 26, 2009
  2. Reagan ramped up the national debt like no other president before him. And economic circumstances in his day were nowhere near as bleak as they are now, with the Big Three automakers on the verge of collapse along with some of the country's largest financial institutions. So what, exactly, are you talking about?

#22     Feb 26, 2009
  3. LEAPup

LEAPup

Lol! Pretty simple, Reagan had balls, and would use them. He was a CAPITALIST. Need I say more? Do I need to draw you a picture?

Btw, I'm a former Marine, and admit Reagan made a mistake pulling out of Beirut. That gave the terror shi*bags more "ammo" to attack America.

oDUMBa is going to make THAT mistake by Reagan a blip on the radar...

Btw, I know economic conditions were no where near as bad as they are today. That's precisely why we NEED a Reagan in the White House!

I also didn't agree with all of the Reagan policies, but he was still the best I've seen in my lifetime.

#23     Feb 26, 2009

4. May I suggest an action figure. Reagan gave the wealthy the 50% tax bracket.

#24     Feb 26, 2009
  5. Be careful .. .

If Obama says a sentence right of Lenin, Chavez, Stalin, Pol-Pot, the market might explode.

(by the way ... it's become impossible for him to do so)

This fucking guy ... all our nightmares realized

#25     Feb 26, 2009
  6. LEAPup

LEAPup

Courtesy of Wikipedia:

"The general stasis of the federal tax system ended in the 1980s with several important tax changes. President Ronald Reagan was elected in 1980 on a platform of smaller government and lower taxes. The Economic Recovery Tax Act of 1981 (ERTA) enacted the largest tax cut in American history and inspired tax cutting by many other nations in the 1980s. The supply-side rationale behind ERTA’s sharp reduction in tax rates, particularly on high-income households and capital, was that these incentives would motivate increased investment and economic activity." And motivate increased investment and economic activity this did!!!!! You may want to study the 1980's bull market, and wealth creation in the USA.

What kind of action figure do you suggest?:D Btw, nice "talking" with you.:p

#26     Feb 26, 2009
  7. He's always good for a nice pop - - downward - - after a speech when he attacks capitalism and capitalists (of course he doesn't put it that way.)

Short his speeches . . . . and short the economy long term.

Does anyone believe Bernanke ? Need some suckers on the long side thinking its all gonna turn around this year or early next. - -

#27     Feb 27, 2009
  8. Maybe he would look cross eyed or threatening if he looked straight at you. Or he doesn't have the balls like GWB did. Maybe his head is lopsided or one ear is bigger than the other. Maybe his nose is crooked. Maybe he has the beginnings of Parkinson's. It could be many things.

#28     Feb 27, 2009
  9. fhl

fhl

Only 88 more days like yesterday and we run out of Dow to lose.

Thank you President Obama------NOT!

#29     Feb 27, 2009
  10. Whenever Obama makes a speech etc the market tanks or crashes
    --------

Obama put.

#30     Feb 27, 2009