Obama, Soros and the TSA Scanners

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bugscoe, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Figures… Naked Body Scanner’s CEO Was Obama’s Special Guest on His Trip to India
    Posted by Jim Hoft on Monday, November 22, 2010, 6:20 PM

Well what do you know?

The CEO of OSI Systems Deepak Chopra was Obama’s special guest on his trip to India.
    Public Intelligence.net reported, via The Daily Paul:
    Apparently, those big bucks spent on lobbying paid off.

Soros & Chertoff Make a Killing On Controversial TSA Scanners
    Posted by Jim Hoft on Wednesday, November 17, 2010, 6:09 AM

Well, what do you know…
    Uncle George made a killing this year off of those controversial TSA scanners.
    The Washington Examiner reported, via Free Republic:
    As for the company’s other political connections, it also appears that none other than George Soros, the billionaire funder of the country’s liberal political infrastructure, owns 11,300 shares of OSI Systems Inc., the company that owns Rapiscan. Not surprisingly, OSI’s stock has appreciated considerably over the course of the year. Soros certainly is a savvy investor.

Likewise, Former former Homeland Security secretary Michael Chertoff also made out on the new scanners.
    The Boston Globe reported on this back in January:

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

How's that for Hope and Change Obama supporters?

3. It's $11,000 worth of Hope and Change!

Confirmed: TSA Says It Can Fine Americans $11,000 Who Back Out of Abusive Pat-Downs
    Posted by Jim Hoft on Tuesday, November 23, 2010, 5:47 AM

More hope and change…

The TSA threatened today that it can fine travelers who back out of the abusive pat-downs.
    ABC reported:

4. [​IMG]

5. Lucrum

Lucrum

I can't for the life of me figure out why air travelers aren't boycotting the airlines en mass. I can understand a short notice important business trip. But the discretionary travelers?
    If they'd stop being self indulgent for just a few weeks this shit would come to a screeching halt.

Not unlike the improvements in government we could realize if we (collectively) would stop reelecting the same crooks to congress term after term.

Maybe the same folks willing to put up with a runaway TSA are the same voters who complain about congress, but keep voting for "their" congressman.

6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

discretionary traveling should, I agree, be brought to a halt. but for many of us who travel regularly on business, there isn't much of a viable alternative. i keep waiting for star trek transporters to be implemented, but no luck thus far :(

7. Lucrum

Lucrum

You could buy your own plane or charter one. :)

8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

oh yeah, i'm sure travel would approve that expense report!

we do have two corporate planes that shuttle, but only between our two major locations. unfortunately, i'm in the field and at neither of them.