Obama shaking down airlines now.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ChkitOut, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Ricter

Ricter

If he does play I bet he's hell on the Chinese Gold Farmers Union!

#41     Oct 20, 2011
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Not really, although there were predictions that it would. High costs and a weak economy make it difficult for all but the most profitable companies and seriously wealthy individuals to utilize "my" sector.

#42     Oct 20, 2011
  3. Ricter

Ricter

Excellent, you serve the creme de la creme.

#43     Oct 20, 2011
  4. Max E.

Max E.

Why would the internet effect demand for airlines? I could see how it would get people into a plane more efficiently with all those last minute deals there would be less wasted seats, so less flights needed. But i dont understand how it would have effected consumer demand for flying.

#44     Oct 20, 2011
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

I think/thought he was referring to online conferencing and the like reducing the need for private corporate air travel.

#45     Oct 20, 2011
  6. Max E.

Max E.

Ahhhhh, ok never thought of that, makes sense.

#46     Oct 20, 2011
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

It hasn't really played out as predicted though, at least not yet.

Sometimes there is no substitute for being on scene/face to face.
    It's also rather difficult to conduct business over a round of golf on video conference.

#47     Oct 20, 2011
  8. Max E.

Max E.

Yeah nothing beats writing off a round of golf as a business expense. :D

Those video conferences dont really work anyways, even if you get up to like 6 people on it, it just turns into a garbled mess if the debate gets heated with everyone talking at once. The only way to solve that problem would be to have an actual round table with 1 speaker dedicated to each individual person placed around a table so you can hear where it is coming from when someone wants to make a point about something in the middle of another persons sentence.

Most software makes it so only 1 person can be heard at once, but it just makes the conversation difficult as it is difficult to rebut certain specific points, and it makes it difficult to switch in and out of conversation between 2 people within the group. It just makes conversation very awkward.

#48     Oct 20, 2011