Obama shaking down airlines now.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ChkitOut, Oct 18, 2011.

1. $15 in security fees is ridiculous. Should be $1.50 at most.

I've flown better airlines overseas for less than our security fees.

King Fischer - awesome airline and service.

Better yet charge no fee and have our defense department take care of it. I'd rather see veterans doing and enlisted men doing the job.

#11     Oct 18, 2011
  2. Ricter

Ricter

I agree, that price point is out there somewhere. They should probably hit the commercial sector a bit harder, and the casual traveler a bit lighter, since despite all the high taxes airfreight was hitting new record highs just two months ago, so clearly air cargo is still quite profitable.

#12     Oct 18, 2011
  3. Better question... "SHOULD the government be in the business of redistributing wealth"?

Should ANYBODY be in the business of redistributing wealth?

#13     Oct 18, 2011
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Discrimination?

#14     Oct 18, 2011
  5. Ricter

Ricter

Who was it who said, when asked why he robbed banks, "that's where the money is"?

#15     Oct 18, 2011
  6. Mercor

Mercor

Very good questions.

It could be said that all the Government is capable of doing is redistributing since it manufactures nothing.

#16     Oct 18, 2011
  7. Ricter

Ricter

The government produces services, no one expects it to be a manufacturer. And certainly current manufacturers would not want it to become a manufacturer. That said, I'd be surprised if there were absolutely no government shop anywhere which does some manufacturing, even if light, for sale to the public. Maybe license plates fit that description.

#17     Oct 18, 2011
  8. Ricter

Ricter

I'm sorry you're not doing very well.

#18     Oct 19, 2011
  9. I'm sorry that's the best you can do after I shot down your "point."

#19     Oct 19, 2011
  10. Can anyone explain why air travel is taxed at a higher rate than alcohol?

#20     Oct 19, 2011