Obama seeks remake of Fed's powers

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by codetroll, Jun 14, 2009.

1. piezoe

piezoe

I'd agree. We should put a question mark by "for" because there has been waxing and waning in this regard.

#21     Jun 15, 2009
  2. Cutten

Cutten

I presume the White House and Congress are exempted from the list of "systemically important" institutions that need to be cut down to size.

#22     Jun 15, 2009
  3. Looks like there are gona be a lot of "Traders" out of work if this move by Obama is put into action.

Who in the hell will want to invest in the Stock Market if this happens?

#23     Jun 15, 2009
  4. Illum

Illum

The article says "remake" But then talks about adding to Fed powers. They want to be able to unwind Leh types. See ya later Citi

#24     Jun 15, 2009
  5. EPrado

EPrado

Spoken like a true failed trader.

#25     Jun 17, 2009
  6. So now the private banking cartel which owns and runs the Fed is going to be allowed to "regulate" America's biggest companies. Hell, why not just let them print their own money? Oh, I forgot, they already do.

#26     Jun 17, 2009
  7. wmb

wmb

So Obama is going to work with Dodd, Frank, Emanuel and himself to rework this regulatory problem of which began when these particular idiots claimed there was no problem at the onset of this problem. As far back as 2003. Barney Frank should not be allowed on any oversight comm. except maybe the comm of sand shufflers in florida!

#27     Jun 17, 2009