Obama seeks remake of Fed's powers

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by codetroll, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Obama seeks remake of "a lot of things"... he's more like the dictator Chavez than most of Amerikans realize. He's revealing it little by little, but collectively we don't see it.

It is NOT now nor has it ever been the function of the presidency to "remake the country to his own personal, egotistical desires"... He's so far being allowed this damage because (a) Democrats in the legislature are drunk with power, and (b) half of the populace is salivating like an excited dog at the prospect of the "free ice cream" he promised...

Fools all. :mad:

#11     Jun 15, 2009
  2. Shouldn't you be busy conducting enhanced interrogations of Hawaii's birth record officials? :p

#12     Jun 15, 2009
  3. zdreg

zdreg

"collectively" subconscious pun. i like that.

the goal of all communist/ fascists is to make all the people part of a collective. where your neighbor watches your activities and brings any subservience thoughts to the higher authorities.

#13     Jun 15, 2009
  4. "Collective"... yeah, that was subconsious.

Amazing... I can be clever even when I don't realize it! (Or as my dad used to say, "don't be a smart-ass".) :D :D

In Amerika, is it true that "Resistance is futile"..??

#14     Jun 15, 2009
  5. Here's an AP story on this:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090615/ts_nm/us_financial_regulation_statement

It mentions proposing raising capital and liquidity requirements for all financial instituitions - I wonder what this means for small daytrading shops, etc? Are they going to fall under this umbrella and have to meet tough guidelines? They better not start jacking up the PDT requirement, etc. I don't have a problem with them regulating exotic OTC products though...

-Guru

#15     Jun 15, 2009
  6. piezoe

piezoe

You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

#16     Jun 15, 2009
  7. piezoe

piezoe

Exactly!
    Obama is an enigma to me. On the one hand he pushes an optional government medical insurance plan that would introduce stiff competition into the insurance market, which is the stance of a pure capitalist -- open competition and survival of the fittest. On the other hand he appears to be backing proposed tobacco legislation written largely by Philip Morris. Philip Morris obviously sees FDA control of Tobacco as the way to keep competition out, just as the Medical Cartel has been so successful in quashing competition by using the FDA to do their bidding. This latter proposal is part and parcel of government for and by big business, which is the established norm in the U.S., whereas the Obama position on introducing competition into the medical insurance industry is a more capitalist stance. It's a puzzle to me. (One has to recognize that many who claim to be capitalists only support free competition when it will not affect their own bottom line. As we know, a monopoly or Cartel is the most efficient way to make a lot of money.)

#17     Jun 15, 2009
  8. pspr

pspr

I agree. Obama is falling right into Chavez's honey trap.

#18     Jun 15, 2009
  9. It's more akin to Facism... though your use of the word "for" (if meaning "benefit to") is questionable.

#19     Jun 15, 2009
  10. piezoe

piezoe

Touche' There are two way to look at this handshake, aren't there? You made me smile.

#20     Jun 15, 2009