Obama secretly ends program that let pilots carry guns

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jficquette, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Mercor

Mercor

Something UNsimilar will happen,

The way you think there's no way you are a trader.

#11     Mar 18, 2009
  2. JDL

JDL

the only thing i need my pilot to do is to fly the fucking plane, i don't need him with some gun trying to play hero, he will be a bigger hero if he land the pane safe, not jumping back in fourth from the cockpit to the cabin in some fucking shoot out.

#12     Mar 18, 2009
  3. How many incidents have there been where a pilot has killed a passenger with the gun they were carrying?

#13     Mar 18, 2009
  4. Nuke is next. Hopefully its DC instead of NYC. DC because it would be the only way to get rid of the Government.

#14     Mar 18, 2009
  5. JDL

JDL

what will happen when a passenger decides to be rude and the pilot get trigger happy and takes him out, i will guess after the lawsuit the airlines will not allow there pilots to carry guns anymore.

#15     Mar 18, 2009
  6. "arm all your passengers then no one will dare pull out no rod"
    - archie bunker

:D

#16     Mar 18, 2009
  7. How about you just answer the question?

#17     Mar 18, 2009
  8. Another typical Obama policy. Long on left wing emotion,short on common sense.

Pilots were required to carry weapons for much of aviation history,at least if they were carrying US mail. Bush and his idiotic administration made it difficult for pilots to carry guns, even though a majority were ex-military. Now Obama apparently thinks leaving them totally defenseless is a good idea.

The fact is, we don't know what might happen during a flight. The cockpit door is not impenetrable. It's conceivable that having the ability to defend the cockpit could prevent another 9/11. The same people who seem to think pilots are some huge risk if armed don't seem to share the same fears about Sky Marshals. They are armed and sit among passengers where there is the potential for disputes to arise or for them to be targeted by terrorists who would seize their weapons. Anyone who flies regularly can pick them out easily.

#18     Mar 18, 2009
  9. Most excellent point!

#19     Mar 18, 2009
  10. No IShopAtPublix is just head and shoulders above people like you intellectually. That is why everything he says seems alien to you. You are not at that level.

#20     Mar 18, 2009