Obama secretly ends program that let pilots carry guns

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jficquette, Mar 17, 2009.

1. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/mar/17/guns-on-a-plane-obama-secretly-ends-program-that-l/

"After the September 11 attacks, commercial airline pilots were allowed to carry guns if they completed a federal-safety program. No longer would unarmed pilots be defenseless as remorseless hijackers seized control of aircraft and rammed them into buildings.

Now President Obama is quietly ending the federal firearms program, risking public safety on airlines in the name of an anti-gun ideology."

2. Great now "evildoers" will overwhelm us all.

3. Fricking far left trash won't quit until we are all so miserable we don't care anymore.

4. There is no reason for pilots to carry guns. With armored cockpit doors, federal marshalls on certain flights and most importantly BETTER SECURITY for bags, armed pilots are not necessary.

5. The general rule now is that pilots should never open the cock pit doors under any circumstances even if terrorists are torturing every man, women and child on board.

I doubt 100% of the pilots could actually follow that rule especially if they know someone on the flight. If I was a terrorist I would target a plane where the pilots family is on board. Pilots flying their own families is actually quite common.

When a pilot does mentally break and open the doors a gun could be the difference between another 9/11 and a few dead terrorists/passengers.

6. 9/11 was a flash in the pan. It ain't going to happen again.

7. Are you trying to look stupid or ignorant? Which one?

8. I guess another murder won't ever happen again.

I guess another war won't ever happen again.

I guess

I guess

I guess I am retarded for guessing such things in the first place.

9. Look, when Arabs were in flight schools in the US it alerted FBI almost immediately. The dots were not connected. People will debate whether they were not connnected on purpose or out of incompetence, but that something similar will not be allowed to happen ever again.

10. wjk

wjk

The mindset that guarantees history will repeat itself.

#10     Mar 18, 2009