Obama Says Yes We Can....Caterpillar Says No We Can´t....

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by libertad, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Newt gingrich was a fraud. He went after Clinton for getting a BJ while he was having an extra-marital affair. This is typical con-servative. Their slogan should be, "Do as I say not as I do".

#21     Feb 13, 2009
  2. Dude, you are too funny!
    What kind of a "Hear No Evil, See No Evil" fantasy World do you live in? :D

Oh, the same one that had you defending George Bush on ET day after day during 2002-2003 under your other screen-name, Maverick74.

LOL!

#22     Feb 13, 2009
  3. Yeah.... it had nothing to do with Sara Palin as VP. Naaaaaah, that wasn't a factor at all. :D
    I can see Russia from my window!
    LOL.

Or the fact that McCain knows so little about Economics that he was naive enough to appoint Phil Gramm as his economic advisor, with John ( I gave out $120 million in bonuses to 4 people before the BAC takeover ) Thain who was waiting in the wings.

Get real.

#23     Feb 13, 2009
  4. Well, according to the "Deficit Calculator" iPhone app, the structural deficit leftover from previous admin + the Obama stimulus package + whatever Geithner is doing (does ANYBODY know what the cost of that will be?) we're looking at around $150B (and counting) added to the federal debt since the moment of inauguration.

When even the oh so hip iPhone crowd starts paying attention to this, can the final reckoning be far behind?

#24     Feb 13, 2009
  5. But Palin could see Russia from her house.:D

#25     Feb 13, 2009
  6. This was accomplished with a great deal of smoke and mirrors, the bills for which are coming due now.

Which is not to suggest the Clinton administration was fiscally worse than Reagan or Bush 2, but at some point it needs to become clear this is not a partisan problem, it is a structural problem with the US political system primarily driven by a voting population unwilling to face economic realities.

Otherwise this will never be solved...

#26     Feb 13, 2009
  7. That’s really grossly biased. The problems we face today have been building for years. It’s just all coming apart now. The so called “economic boom” between 2003-7 was fueled completely through inflation, deficit spending, the weak dollar, overseas profits for American companies, a fake housing boom, mortgage cash out refi’s, and general borrowing. As we’re learning now, there was no real growth.

#27     Feb 14, 2009
  8. Random.Capital

This was accomplished with a great deal of smoke and mirrors, the bills for which are coming due now.

Which is not to suggest the Clinton administration was fiscally worse than Reagan or Bush 2, but at some point it needs to become clear this is not a partisan problem, it is a structural problem with the US political system primarily driven by a voting population unwilling to face economic realities.

Otherwise this will never be solved...

..............................................................................................

1000% agree with you....

The two party system by advertisement is much like an ¨emotive public placebo¨....in that there has to be a periodic and total nonsensical political satisfaction....played out much like two football teams....

Since great politics and good economics clearly do not work well together....one has to wonder is this as good as it gets ....

When one views other countries plights which are older than the US....one does not see this solution....as although the US is younger....it seems to be better at invention....

Or is it the case that nothing ever is going to be truly ideal....
    .........................................................................................

It is quite obvious and clear that one should strive to improve in order to avoid economic calamities in the future....

Or is it just the case that waves are inevitable....

.........................................................................................

I must admit that I am optimistic that there is room for a better way from which one came...always....

Like a never ending story....

#28     Feb 14, 2009