Obama says we are "not thinking straight"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ChkitOut, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Amazing. It's almost as if you guys believe the recession began in January of 2009.

#11     Oct 18, 2010
  2. That would be the Mental Recession that began in January of 2009.

#12     Oct 18, 2010
  3. No, actually the recession started in 1977 and has yet to be fixed. It's just that continuing to blame the other guy hasn't worked in the past, so it stands to reason it won't work now, unless you consider getting re-elected as fixing the problem. Then it's a fairly effective strategy.

#13     Oct 18, 2010
  4. Yannis

Yannis

Nobody's blaming Obama for starting the recession - it was a more or less normal, business cycle-driven, global phenomenon.

Most people blame him for not being able to handle it properly and therefore prolonging it unnecessarily: threatening the business community with possible tax tsunamis, therefore increasing the unemployment level; incurring a whole lot of new debt where a lot less would have given us the same results; and using his power to pass legislation that benefits relatively few (his buddies) at the expense of the country while the vast majority of Americans hated those initiatives, eg, Obamacare.

He's beyond inexperienced at this point - he's dangerously clueless and needs to be replaced ASAP.

#14     Oct 18, 2010
  5. Oh quit with the faux paradigms. No one here is defending Dubya. Most people by now see that there is little difference in actual policy between Dubya and Obama.

People are now starting to wake up to the reality that it's the same damned party.

3rd option? Small government tea party candidates. I pray to god that people have learned their lesson and Paul Sr gets the nomination in 2012.

#15     Oct 18, 2010
  6. I don't even know what that means, except that you can repeat phrases.

The recession began in December of 2007. The new congress met starting January 2007. The budget for 2007 was submitted by Bush in February of 2006. Ie. Bush submitted the budget to a Republican congress. The recession hit just a few weeks after the end of the budget year -- the longest recession since the great depression.

#16     Oct 18, 2010
  7. Me too. I love the tea party. I hope they gain more power. Maybe not for the same reasons, but at least we can agree on something.

I find the Libertarians, uh, entertaining and terrifying.

#17     Oct 18, 2010
  8. Fox, the National Review, WND, and others blame Obama for starting the recession -- even though the timeline doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

As for "prolonging it unnecessarily" -- there's no way to know what would have happened in the alternate universe where the stimulus didn't take place, of course. But I do note that Bush announced the TARP bailouts and Bush also announced the GM bailout.

#18     Oct 18, 2010
  9. I can make things up too: the recession began in -1113 BC when Grog, economic policy advisor to Blurg, catastrophically devalued the oyster shell.

#19     Oct 18, 2010
  10. Yannis

Yannis

Yes, What If?

[​IMG]

:) :) :)

#20     Oct 18, 2010