Obama Says a 3000% reduction in premiums

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bugscoe, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Or, just Nebraska? (And union members, of course.)

#11     Mar 17, 2010
  2. of course, it is also possible that most people with at least 31% of their brain in what 99% of neurologists would term "functional" would be able to easily suss out that he meant 3000 DOLLAR decrease as in the prior sentence, he said that the individual market would see premiums fall by 14 to 20%.

then again, from the fox echos that litter this forum every day, i may be being unreasonably optimistic regarding the intellectual capacity of the bleating b-b-b-b-bovids on here.

#12     Mar 17, 2010
  3. Yep, Obama so smart he speaks in code.

Hey, Obama now says “The Louisiana Purchase- would cover Hawaii, which went through an earthquake”

Work your brain because Obama doesn't have one.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eq2yXrXWhyw&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eq2yXrXWhyw&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="385"></embed></object>

#13     Mar 18, 2010
  4. He didn't say anything like that in the video you posted.

#14     Mar 18, 2010
  5. You're deaf.

#15     Mar 18, 2010
  6. You are delusional, you hear what you want to hear to get your hate fix for the day.

#16     Mar 18, 2010
  7. Then provide the exact quote to clear up the confusion!

#17     Mar 18, 2010
  8. Ricter

Ricter

Well, yes and no, though bugscoe does try too hard at times. The context was state exceptions for catastrophes, and Obama refers to the earthquake in Hawaii. What earthquake in Hawaii?

#18     Mar 18, 2010
  9. Sure, here you go.

"BAIER: So the Connecticut deal is still in?

OBAMA: So that's not — that's not going to be something that is going to be in this final package. I think the same is true on all of these provisions. I'll give you some exceptions though.

Something that was called a special deal was for Louisiana. It was said that there were billions — millions of dollars going to Louisiana, this was a special deal. Well, in fact, that provision, which I think should remain in, said that if a state has been affected by a natural catastrophe, that has created a special health care emergency in that state, they should get help. Louisiana, obviously, went through Katrina, and they're still trying to deal with the enormous challenges that were faced because of that.

(CROSS TALK)

OBAMA: That also — I'm giving you an example of one that I consider important. It also affects Hawaii, which went through an earthquake. So that's not just a Louisiana provision. That is a provision that affects every state that is going through a natural catastrophe.

Now I have said that there are certain provisions, like this Nebraska one, that don't make sense. And they needed to be out. And we have removed those. So, at the end of the day, what people are going to be able to say is that this legislation is going to be providing help to small businesses and individuals, across the board, in an even handed way, and providing people relief from a status quo that's just not working."

#19     Mar 18, 2010
  10. Ok genius, now tells us all about that big earthquake in Hawaii that the smartest president evah is referring to.

#20     Mar 18, 2010