Obama Says a 3000% reduction in premiums

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bugscoe, Mar 16, 2010.

1. with Obamacare...so if my premium is $2000 a year, the insurance company is going to be paying me (or employer) $58,000 to have their insurance!

Brilliant!

It's amazing how intellectual and magical this uber genius is!! Does he use a magic wand when speaks?

2. [​IMG]

3. Obama: You will see 'premiums fall by as much as 3,000 percent' under Obamacare
    David Gibberman
    March 16, 2010

When House Speaker Pelosi said that ObamaCare will allow Americans to realize their dream of being an artist, photographer, or writer without having to work a day job to have health insurance, some of us wondered whether ObamaCare also will cover other expenses, such as for housing and food, that force people to work a job they may not like while they pursue their dreams. Now we know the answer: yes it will.

Monday in Strongsville, Ohio, President Obama said that ObamaCare will reduce health insurance premiums by "3,000 percent." Considering that a 50 percent decrease in premiums would mean that we'd be paying half as much as we now pay for health insurance and that a 100 percent decrease in premiums would mean that we'd be paying nothing for health insurance, President Obama is telling us that insurance companies will actually start paying us money to keep our health insurance.

If your current health insurance policy costs $5,000 a year, insurance companies will pay you $145,000 a year (2,900 percent multiplied by $5,000). If you're fortunate enough to be paying $25,000 a year for health insurance, insurance companies will pay you $725,000 a year. There's no word whether you can purchase a more expensive health insurance policy to increase the amount of money that insurers pay you each year.

Just think, America: These are the people telling us that they know best how to run 1/6 of our economy.

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Well lets get this sucka passed then.

:)

5. TGregg

TGregg

And the more health insurance you get, the more it costs now, so the more you're gonna get when The One passes this massive spending spree. Figure out some serious health care plan that costs you 20 large every month and you're gonna have money rolling in! You'll be more than able to afford flying to Costa Rica to get some great health care.

Guess we can just vote ourselves rich. Wonder why nobody every tried this before?

6. Are all 57 states eligible for the 3,000% premium decrease? :)

7. That would be cute if I liked cats* for anything other than target practice.

*They remind me too much of ungrateful collectivists.

8. Wallet

Wallet

I'm still laughing, toooooo funnny.

No only in Nebraska.

9. Can you even imagine the insults from the mainstream media if Bush or Sara Palin had said something that stupid? Obama says it....chirp...chrip...

Of course, it is also possible that liberal reporters are so math illiterate they don't grasp the issue.

10. Ricter

Ricter

Actually, the msm ignored many Bush blunders. But the bloggers and comedians loved 'em--maybe that's why they seemed so prominent. As for Palin, well, she's not the President.

#10     Mar 17, 2010