Obama Rips Hedge Funds

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by marketsurfer, May 1, 2009.

1. CET

CET

I am making an assumption that the gov. chose NY for a reason. I believe it is the same reason a plaintiff's lawyer venue shops for a favorable location to file a lawsuit. You find a location or a judge that has a history that favors your desired outcome. We shall see if my assumption is correct based on the first round in BK court.

#11     May 1, 2009

2. makes sense. thanks!

#12     May 1, 2009
  3. ah ah, hedge funds are here to stay. They will breed jealousy among those that cannot work in one

#13     May 1, 2009
  4. Sushi

Sushi

Lots of peeps work in funds getting no compensation this year as funds close down and lose money. Why be jealous? Others end up in jail. Ask bernie

#14     May 1, 2009
  5. toc

toc

'Obama say's he's had enough, and talks the tough game, but in the end he'll do nothing. Just pure bullshit political talk.'

Well said, last night Jay Leno said the same things..........Arlon Spectoer is now a Democrat, but the only difference is now he will be lying from the left side of his mouth than the right, that he was for last 30 years.

Politicians are liars and selfish cheats.........they should be the first ones to be made to account for promising and not delivering :D

#15     May 1, 2009
  6. ARD45

ARD45

Here here!

In general, Obama is saying these funds are evil because they didn't accept what they thought was a bad deal. How the hell is that wrong? You expect the fund managers not to act in the best interest of the fund?

Am I looking at this situation wrong, or is this about the most un-American accusation I have ever heard?

#16     May 1, 2009
  7. pspr

pspr

I agree with this statement. Obama wants the bondholders (the ones who DIDN'T get a government handout) to accept 30 cents on the dollar when they are senior debt holders and will get a better deal in bankruptcy.

Obama is using the govenment to try to strongarm citizens and corporations instead of following the rule of law.

#17     May 1, 2009
  8. It may just be my ideological opinion, but I have a realist view on the world.

Almost every human act is based on a selfish desire. Even when you donate to charity, you do so because it ultimately makes you feel good inside. It's all self-fulling.

Now if you were a politician, you would do whatever is in your best interest. Sure you might care about others, but you will pick your priorities and certain groups will be marginalized when the "economic" pie gets divided.

It's easy for us to say what someone is supposed to do. If you were in his shoes, you would do what is in your interest too. If individuals donated money to your campaign, of course you will have to reward them. There's no free lunch.

I am not a fan of Obama, but he outright won the election. He has a mandate to follow his ideological beliefs.

To those posters that call him communist or w.e., look-up what communism means. The government doesn't control the factors of production (aside water in local areas). You guys are confusing it with fascism. A fascist country is one that is dominated by corporations. Think XOM, GS, HAL. These lobbyists control the government and Obama is essentially serving those that helped him where he is.

If you were a high level executive for Goldman Sachs, you would love all this TARP money being thrown around Wall Street. Plus you just killed off your competitors and your assets are still safe.

So who will account for these politicians? If corporations hold the power, how are they going to be held accountable? No one spending time on ET will make anything happen. This is not negative thinking, its being a realist. Instead of trying to revolt against the status quo, a better effort would be to try to join it.

#18     May 1, 2009
  9. Exactly.

Politicians are scum. All of them. It's the filthiest profession on earth.

#19     May 1, 2009
  10. pspr

pspr

Your incorrect definitions aside, Obama was mentored in Hawaii by none other than Frank Marshall Davis. Davis, a Communist Party member, was under surveillance by the FBI and suspected of espionage during the same time he mentored Obama in the late 70's - 80's.

Here's more revelations about Obama:

http://www.profitbooks.com/blog/index.php/2008/08/nobama-barrack-obama.html

#20     May 1, 2009