Obama Requires YOU to SERVE, H.R.1388, "The Give Act" to reform the National Service

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jficquette, Mar 15, 2009.

1. #12     Mar 19, 2009
  2. "The legislation will expand the 1993 AmeriCorps program to match the renewed interest in national service since President Obama's election, which backers say is crucial in tough economic times. "

LOL.

There's renewed interest in "national service" because there are no fucking jobs. If you are young with little work experience, what else are you to do?

I'm 24 and considering joining the Navy as an officer since I have a degree. This is not something I would normally consider if I wasn't afraid of losing my job.

But I sure as hell don't have to be FORCED to volunteer.

#13     Mar 19, 2009
  3. I posted that same link in my chat, good video.. Dunno how much I buy, but very interesting none the less if even 5% of it is true.

#14     Mar 19, 2009
  4. Joining the Navy would be a good move.

#15     Mar 19, 2009
  5. Arnie

Arnie

Isn't the value of volunteering, the fact that no one needs to coerce you into it? Kinda gives the lie to the whole affair, eh?
    Why not have forced "donations"? Oh wait! We already do that!:D

#16     Mar 19, 2009
  6. Gnome, I still find it hard to believe you've taken up slumming with these bad haircuts. Have you read and considered the "depth" of some of these people's posts, both here and in other threads? Look around you. Take a close look at the people who are claiming you as one of their own.

For a helluva smart guy, you've really lost your way.

#17     Mar 19, 2009