Obama received $101,332 Bonus from AIG

Discussion in 'Politics' started by power, Mar 18, 2009.

1. so what ? Bush Junior got over 200,000 dollars form AIG as well.

it amazes me how some of these sheisty GNP people pathetically attempt to find some minuscule fault of for obama.

#21     Mar 18, 2009
  2. Cesko

Cesko

:D :D :D :D

Says who??

:D :D :D :D

#22     Mar 18, 2009
  3. No one making a big deal about the political contribution Obama received from AIG would say anything about the very same contributions McCain, Bush, or any of the other contenders for President, whether ultimately successful or not, have received.

You hard right wingers are becoming the new chattering class.

Yammer away. No wonder the GOP ship has sprung a thousand leaks.

[​IMG]

#23     Mar 18, 2009
  4. olias

olias

I agree with Thunderdog. 'partisan hackery' is a pretty appropriate term in this case. I'm much more a republican than a democrat, and I still see this is partisan nonsense.

A politcal contribution and a bonus are not the same thing.

#24     Mar 18, 2009
  5. You have got to the the most IGNORANT person on ET.

Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke authorized the bail-out of AIG last September, using a rarely used law on the books from the Federal Reserve Act of 1932, Section 13(3) which provides that "in unusual and exigent circumstances" the (Fed) may authorize any federal reserve bank to discount notes without limit.

The money loaned to AIG ( at 3-month LIBOR +8.5% ) was not done so by Congress.
    Not by Bush. Not by Obama.

Congratulations!
    You have once again shown
    how utterly stupid you are.:D

#25     Mar 18, 2009
  6. If I had a dime for every argument you pussed out on...

Actually everytime you puss out on the argument thunderdog you prove your inability to argue the other side.

Somehow you are too stupid to realize that little fact which is why you guys are so amazingly comical.

#26     Mar 18, 2009
  7. +1

Once again, anything of significance that I could have possibly added had been said, and more efficiently and eloquently than I would have said it, and I'm not too proud to admit it.

#27     Mar 18, 2009
  8. The hard right has become the far left side of the bell curve...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bell_Curve

#28     Mar 18, 2009
  9. All the capitals and exclamation points really prove something. It proves that you are an idiot. Why you act like a 13 year old when you are 50 something is beyond me.

Did I ever say Obama passed the AIG bailout? I said Obama continues to support increased spending on all of the bailouts.

Why Does he support all of this spending?

Do you really think Obama supports increased spending because he sincerely wants to help the company or because he has and is receiving contributions from these companies? There is no doubt it is the latter.

You Obama supporters are amazingly naive.

Anyone who thinks like you that decisions aren't based purely on money and political motives needs help.

Looks like you are the ignorant one buddy.

#29     Mar 18, 2009
  10. heypa

heypa

A political contribution and a bonus are not the same thing.

A large political contribution is a obvious attempt to buy influence regardless of any Supreme Court ruling. In my opinion no one should be permitted to contribute to any persons campaign unless the are qualified to vote for and registered to vote for said candidate. Corporations do not have the right to vote and therefore should be prohibited from trying to influence the voting results.
    A bonus should be to reward results. Therefore cannot be applied to any politician.

#30     Mar 18, 2009