Obama promotes fiscal restraint, big spending

Discussion in 'Economics' started by swtrader, Nov 25, 2008.

1. mole was the wrong choice of words

it implys that obama doesnt know what he is

#11     Nov 25, 2008
  2. Wrong again.

I never said that Obama would be making THE decisions.
    But thus far, I think that he has shown the ability to hire the right people for the job.

McCain doesn't have 2 cents worth of Economic background/understanding to bring in the right people.
    (And until recently, I was a lifelong Republican saying this)

As a result, he'd never be able to surround himself with the likes of Larry Summers, Tim Geithner, and others that have the ability to "manage" this country through this economic contraction.

Remember, Phil "Enron" Gramm was McCain's economic advisor. The same idiot that brought us credit default swaps, power contracts, and WTI trading on electronic exchanges overseas with zero oversight/regulation whatsoever in the "Commodities Modernization Act of 2000".

Again, your reading comprehension is absolutely horrible.

#12     Nov 25, 2008
  3. Obama didnt choose them

they were chosen for him

#13     Nov 25, 2008
  4. Neither does Obama. Like most lawyers working in elective politics he finds economics and markets incredibly boring......

One only need look at his appointments to see how clueless he is.

Here's a peek at the Bush/Clinton/Bush/Obama economic playbook:

Rule #1; Find a few globalist, inflationary Wall Street Jews to debase the currency and save asset holders. Greenspan, Rubin, Summers, Bernanke, Geithner, Paulson (a rare gentile) all interchangeable.

A true bona-fide "change" would've been hiring Mohamed El-Erian. More I think about it there's a guy who would of leveled some of that GS/C/NY Fed karma in more ways than one........

#14     Nov 25, 2008
  5. Given our current Economic "contraction", what would you suggest monetary policy be?

#15     Nov 25, 2008
  6. Really now.
    And you know this because???

#16     Nov 25, 2008

7. weeeeeell, lets see....what was the last guy? a goldman mole who robbed the treasury

hmmmmmm, what's this guy? the guy who drove the getaway car

heeeeeey, that's an amazing coincidence

'Change' from 'a different party' that appoint people who are part of the same inside job on the treasury

#17     Nov 25, 2008
  8. Oh, so given your twisted "logic" an ASSumption and what you perceive as coincidence ranks right up there with factual evidence. Wow, that's pretty rich. Where did you go to school?

And given your amazing connections and insight you are absolutely confident that Tim Geithner was totally onboard with Paulson in letting LEH go down ???

#18     Nov 25, 2008
  9. there's no question, that he's at the center of the bailout, no question at all, and no question that 95+ percent of the public was AGAINST it

as far as LEH I dont know - it's is a detail, I'm talking about the big picture

which clearly, is over your head

"Oh, so given your twisted "logic" coincidence ranks right up there with factual evidence. Wow, that's pretty rich. Where did you go to school?"

depends on signifigance and context. again, I'm going over your head

#19     Nov 25, 2008
  10. Rather than a controlled recovery I'd shoot for a controlled depression. Price stability, steady exchange rates and debt reduction should be of paramount concern. Keeping folks employed while cutting their future purchasing power in half is a most cynical gesture.

While other markets including stocks and real estate are on decade lows where are Gold prices these days?

#20     Nov 25, 2008