Obama PROMISES to bankrupt a major American industry that employes millions.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Brandonf, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Fox always tells the truth. For example, on Tuesday night they'll tell their viewers that everybody knew Obama would win and that he should have won by more.

I'm a psychic!

#11     Nov 2, 2008
  2. That makes up for my -47. :)

#12     Nov 2, 2008
  3. I don't know of any teenaged Moms who follow bills and laws introduced in the Congressional Record.

You really believe that teenaged moms went "Wow, check out this bill in the Congressional Record which may change the type of funding available to me and change the forms that I need to file. Pull out! Pull out!!!"

I can't see that happening. Plus the bill wasn't enacted until August 1996, and therefore probably not implemented until 1998. (Damn those inconvenient timelines for pat explanations to complex problems!)

#13     Nov 2, 2008
  4. Bigdave, people on welfare know when moneys available to them change. They hear it on the street. So they do not know what the bill is, or why, but they know when the money is cut.
    I think Obama will be strong on responsibility. I thought before he would be a blame whitey, black agenda president, but I change my mind about him the more I learned. He is telling the black community to be responsible to themselves, and bring themselves up. Have pride.

#14     Nov 2, 2008
  5. Pabst, my post had nothing to do with the topic of welfare.

#15     Nov 2, 2008
  6. But, not for the fact that all the threads you start are rated 'one star'. :eek:

#16     Nov 2, 2008
  7. #17     Nov 2, 2008
  8. Oddly, I don't believe that teenaged moms followed bills passed in 1996 for actions likely taken in 1998 and thus reduced welfare payments from 1992 - 2000.

You may have different views.

#18     Nov 2, 2008
  9. First was more use of birth control, less babies, less welfare, so you are right the down trend in welfare started before the responsibility act..it started with education of birth control. Then personal responsiblity act that cut the money out pushed the down trend more. And the down trend of welfare money continued further down because everyone on the poor neighborhoods knew the money was cut. They talk about that on the street with each other. That was my point.

#19     Nov 2, 2008