Obama PROMISES to bankrupt a major American industry that employes millions.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Brandonf, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

2. He didn't say that he would bankrupt the coal industry, coal will still be mined. If you want to build a new coal plant, though, and don't use carbon sequestration, it's simply not going to be viable.

And good for him for saying so.

3. TGregg

TGregg

That's how you "grow the vote" when you are a democrat. Pile up people on public assistance and they have no choice but to vote for democrats. Who then pile up even more people on government handouts. It's a "winning" strategy, as we clearly see. In the short term, anyway. And in the long term we'll all be dead, right?

4. Tgregg, if you ever want to find out the facts, google for "welfare chart by year" and see if Democrats create more people collecting welfare, or reduce the number of people collecting welfare.

That is, if you really want to examine your beliefs.

5. Didn't you hear the latest news? Palin wants to clone the dinosaur DNA and open theme parks in Alaska where you can see the dinosaurs die in the next ice age...

The marketing theme will be:

"Praise the Lord and watch God Kill those damn beasts again."

6. Why do that? It is so much <i>easier</i> to listen to what Hannity, Rush, and Fox tell you...doing independent research is <i>hard</i>.

7. +1
    Accurate.

8. Haa haa Zzzz, my guess is she is against cloning.

9. Of course this had nothing to do with welfare falling during the Clinton years.

3. THE PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY ACT: Discourage illegitimacy and teen pregnancy by prohibiting welfare to minor mothers and denying increased AFDC for additional children while on welfare, cut spending for welfare programs, and enact a tough two-years-and-out provision with work requirements to promote individual responsibility. (Bill Text) (Description)

And if you can show me data showing fewer welfare recipients during LBJ I'd love to see the numbers....

#10     Nov 2, 2008