Obama Promises New Era of Big Government

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Jan 23, 2012.

1. As I said above, this is because of conditions established during the Bush years. The ship of state is large and does not turn on a dime.

#21     Jan 23, 2012
  2. And what happened back in the 80's ? Trickle-down economics, that's what. That was start of the whole thing.

#22     Jan 23, 2012
  3. pspr

pspr

And, Obama's made up "trickle up economics" just worked wonders. Oh yes, I can see the great advances our country is making in paying down the debt and making the economy surge.

Don't forget where your degree is - Waste Management. Leave economics to those who have a clue.

#23     Jan 23, 2012
  4. Ricter

Ricter

The economy is improving, the NEI is working (the current account is looking pretty good, considering), private debt is falling, public debt is flat, interest rates are zip, inflation is zip, and the world is paying us to hold their money.

#24     Jan 23, 2012
  5. jem

jem

-interest rates being very low is a sign of a terrible economy.
    -inflation in items which matter like food is very high.
    -regarding jobs... lets wait and see when the seasonal numbers are stripped out.

#25     Jan 23, 2012
  6. pspr

pspr

And, public debt is not flat as Ricter believes. It is skyrocketing.

#26     Jan 23, 2012
  7. Ricter

Ricter

Interest rates can also be high during a terrible economy.

Food inflation sucks, yes, and is an inevitable step towards the coming crisis, but it's not Obama's fault. As I've mentioned before, go long on gardening supply companies. : )

It would be nice if jobs were growing faster, but then we'd probably have inflation and rising interest rates. Slow is, sadly, probably for the best.

#27     Jan 23, 2012
  8. Not only Big Government, but his version of it.

He's already gone on record saying, "I'LL DECIDE WHAT'S CONSTITUTIONAL".

In other words, "Big government... big DESPOTIC GOVERNMENT"... how different is this from Hitler's regime? (Yeah, I know "we're not there yet".. but aren't we racing down the same path?)

:mad: :mad:

#28     Jan 23, 2012
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Food/energy inflation is not Obama's fault directly, but he did re-appoint the same Fed Chairman who IS directly responsible for it. All during a "hope and change" facade.

#29     Jan 23, 2012
  10. Brass

Brass

Only when it appears on his left.

#30     Jan 23, 2012