Obama Presidency Modern-Day Ancien Régime:Extravagant & Out of Touch

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tauvros, Aug 8, 2010.

1. The messenger with the built-in agenda? That messenger? You're a lost cause.

#41     Aug 10, 2010
  2. Yeah I'm sure that will pan out just like Obama's promise that unemployment won't go above 8%, especially given what he's said in the past about commissions:
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2918789&highlight=flipflop#post2918789 and especially since this commission isn't adequately funded. Only a fool like you would read a national debt forecast of $16.7 trillion and dismiss it based on that disclaimer.

Denial is a wonderful thing, wouldn't you say?

P.S. You were wrong about the numbers being "a figment of Heritage's vivid imagination" but what else is new? :p

#42     Aug 10, 2010
  3. I'll take you word for it, about the denial part.

As for Heritage, I think it's interesting and rather telling that they should present the "before" numbers, those without fiscal initiatives, and not at least identify them as such. But then, obfuscation is the only tool available to the Right.

#43     Aug 10, 2010
  4. Then it should be a slam-dunk for you to refute and make him out to be a fool. But for some reason all you're able to do is attack and discredit.

#44     Aug 10, 2010
  5. Yes, why don't I spend even more of my time debunking partisan obfuscators and fabricators who have proven themselves time and again to be completely unreliable and untrustworthy?

#45     Aug 10, 2010
  6. I'm glad to see you're not letting your education get in the way of your ignorance.

#46     Aug 10, 2010
  7. Ricter

Ricter

As much as it pains me to admit, and it is akin to that of a constricted bowel (so I've heard), Bugs may have a point.

Edit: so, what's the topic here again?

#47     Aug 10, 2010
  8. Yup, anyone with a shred of objectivity can see that your obsessive denial does a great job keeping you ignorant.

I think Heritage made the graph before the commission, so what? You see a conspiracy behind every rock! :p

What's really interesting about Obama's national debt projections is that you dismiss the numbers while grabbing onto the "hope" of a commission. Especially in light of what Obama said about commissions which I linked you to, and also in light of Obama's other failed promises.

#48     Aug 10, 2010
  9. This from the hypocrite who accused someone of treason without even knowing what it means. :p

#49     Aug 10, 2010
  10. I did not utter the word "conspiracy" in this exchange. That was your inspired choice of words. I suggested it was merely a convenient and self-serving omission on Heritage's part. One of a long string of convenient and self-serving omissions on the part of the Heritage. All errors or omissions characterisitically favor only their views and conclusions. Which says much about the Heritage. That's why I am generally disinclined to waste my time on the various and selective assertions put forward by various Right Wing outfits which characteristically and conveniently engage in self-serving omission, exaggeration and obfuscation. You cannot accept anything they put forward at face value as being accurate and contextual. It is clear they have no interest in dialogue. Their goal is to win at any cost. The truth in its full context is the least of their worries, a negligible cost and an insignificant casualty on their road to victory. At any cost.

Take a good whiff. The messengers to your Right are full of shit.

#50     Aug 10, 2010