obama presided over the biggest drop in government spending in 50 years.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Jun 5, 2012.

1. wildchild

wildchild

Interesting chart. I have a question, why does it say Obama spent $152 billion on healthcare reform? HusseinCare was supposed to reduce the deficit, not increase it by $152 billion.

Even a chart put together by some leftwing, far out, wack job has HusseinCare increasing the deficit by $152 billion. NICE.

#21     Jun 5, 2012
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

I'm STILL voting ABO.

#22     Jun 5, 2012
  3. Ricter

Ricter

To be fair, both non-discretionary spending (the social safety net) and non-discretionary spending cuts (balanced budget states), are being lumped together "under Obama".

#23     Jun 5, 2012
  4. Whenever I hear or see a liberal douchebag use the term "FAIR".

I see flashing red warning lights in my mind like a Submarine Captain with "depth charges in the water ".

#24     Jun 5, 2012
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

"obama presided over the biggest drop in government spending in 50 years."

Only 50 years? I'm surprised they're not claiming 500 years.

#25     Jun 5, 2012
  6. I'm a little confused. If Obama is so proud of cutting spending, why did he put up such a fight with Boehner over cuts? You'd think he would be happy to cut more. Instead, he only wanted cuts that were supposed to take place after he was out of office. Would he still get credit for that, the way they credit Bush for spending that took place after he was gone?

Dems need to get their message together. On another thread there is an article arguing that we need to have even more deficit spending. So I guess they would say Obama screwed up by cutting so much. So which is it? Or is Obama to be praised for both cutting spending and increasing it, John Kerry style?

#26     Jun 5, 2012
  7. Ricter

Ricter

Not all spending, and not all spending-cuts, are created equal. All you need to do is admit that you think just one government program, say national defense, is a legitimate expense, and you have enough nuance in your understanding to answer your own questions.

#27     Jun 5, 2012