Obama Plagiarizes Speech

Discussion in 'Politics' started by palenimbus, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Typical no content post about nothing at all..

The guy (Patrick) was an advisor to Obama

Suggested he use the text.....

Hillary is DESPERATE.....DES.....PER.....ATE......She lost in Washington this evening. She lost in Wisconsin this evening....and she is on the ropes..

Only Texas and Ohio left and she has to win and win big, because this evening is the ninth (9th) state win for Obama....and the people seem to have spoken....They don't want Hillary's fat ass in that chair......

And as a trader hoping for a good economy to work in, I agree with them....

Especially you folks who trade futures indexes. If you want to keep your favorable tax treatment, DO NOT VOTE FOR HILLARY....you will be cutting your own throat....

#11     Feb 20, 2008
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Steve,

I need to correct you on this. It's Obama that favors getting rid of the 1256 status for futures traders. No more 60/40. He also favors raising capital gains taxes from 15% to 28%. Not to mention removing the self employment tax cap from 98k to infinity. He also seeks to raise taxes on dividends from 15% to 28%. He also made it a point to close all the tax loop holes that traders currently enjoy by incorporating as an LLC. No, I can say for certain Obama is not good for futures traders. Vote with your wallet.

#12     Feb 20, 2008
  3. Hillary is trying to reuse the attack that sank Joe Biden in 1992, as I recall. He reused major portions of a speech that a British Labor PM, Neil Kinnock I believe, had used. It caused a minor scandal at the time and sank his candidacy. I doubt Hillary's ploy will have the same effect, if only because most of Obama's followers are too ignorant to understand the concept of plagiarism. It doesn't have the same sting either when the words came from his own advisor.

I am interested in your insistence that Obama will not change the 60/40 rule but Hillary will. Obama is from Illinois so you may well be right, but Hillary has attracted a lot of hedge fund money. Certainly she has no interest in going after the most outrageous tax dodge, the carried interest scam. If you're right, you may have uncovered the only substantive difference between them.

#13     Feb 20, 2008