Obama Picks Prominent Evangelical For Inaugural

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Very good point. Rick Warren did not invent the concept of helping the poor. It is a major focus of most Christian churches.

There can be disagreements over how best to help them. Do churches that send vans around big cities to feed vagrants really help them or do they enable a lifestyle that ravages both the homeless and those trying to work or live in the city? Most of the city parks in Washington, DC are unuseable now because they are filled with homeless people who sit around drinking all day, harrassing any normal person who walks by and taking a crap wherever it suits them.

#31     Dec 19, 2008
  2. The mysterious "they."

Certainly not the senate or the house, who voted for or didn't fillabuster to stop any legislation Bush demanded for 6 years...

If you recall, Bush didn't need to use his veto power for years, and expanded the power of the presidency to unprecedented levels...

#32     Dec 19, 2008
  3. There's been a disconnect between a generally moderate Congressional Democrat delegation and the more liberal elements of the media/electorate dating back to Clinton.

Too funny that a Kunt2K2 has zero problem with Iraq war hawks a heartbeat away as Veep, as Secretary of State, Health czar and as the Majority Senate leader but woe is him if an anti-gay marriage preacher Warren gives a friggin' prayer at the inauguration.

Earth to idiots like Kunt2K2: A higher percentage of gays than Jews voted against Obama!

#33     Dec 19, 2008
  4. kut2k2

kut2k2

Those would be all the closeted gays on the right.

And I never said I had no problem with Democratic enablers of the Bush-Cheney crime family.

You presume too much, cocksucking-obsessed Nazi-gasbag cocksucker. :p

#34     Dec 19, 2008
  5. Another example of your stupidity.

A closeted gay isn't exactly going to bare his soul to an exit pollster now is he?

#35     Dec 19, 2008
  6. In the general election, it was McCain vs. Obama...

You are suggesting that democrat gays voted for McCain, i.e. against Obama? I can see republican gays voting for McCain simply because so many republicans vote party above all...but dem gays?

That statement requires some proof...

Conservative gay Andrew Sullivan was pro Obama...

#36     Dec 19, 2008
  7. Why is it that when someone has higher moral values than you, you call them intolerant? I dont like when people like you use the word intolerant as an implication that tolerance is the high moral ground because it isnt. Homosexuality is immoral, just like incest, just like beastiality, just like pedofilia. So let me ask you...you are obviously tolerant of homosexuality, are you tolerant of the other 3 too?

If you said no, then at least you do have a moral line, its just lower than the rest of ours. If you said yes....well then you are just a sick f***

#37     Dec 19, 2008
  8. kut2k2

kut2k2

I knew some stupid fuck would ASSume I was talking about homosexuality, and here you are. :D

I was talking about Warren's intolerance towards non-religious Americans. He is on record as saying we are unfit to serve in public office, in clear violation of the Constitution's "no religious test" clause.

#38     Dec 19, 2008
  9. I understand that Rick Warren may some how appeal to Obama.

Just answer one easy question for me and probably one very difficult question for yourself. Is Obama letting the preacher speak because he in your little ideal world agrees with the preacher or because Obama wants political gain among people who do not currently support him?

#39     Dec 19, 2008
  10. Wow, what a great thread.

Personally, i think Obamas head is to big for his body, it looks weird.

#40     Dec 20, 2008