Obama Picks Prominent Evangelical For Inaugural

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Dec 18, 2008.

1. fhl

fhl

It is only permissible to deduct 50% of adjusted gross income on your charitable giving, meaning that if someone gave away 98%, their tax obligation would exceed the 2% that is left after their giving. Your statement, therefore, requires further explanation.

#11     Dec 18, 2008
  2. kut2k2

kut2k2

OK I thought Obama was smarter than this. This is just idiotic. You don't fuck your supporters just to show how "magnanimous" you are. He could have invited any of a thousand noncontroversial preachers and nobody would have said boo. Instead he invites some intolerant right-wing thumper with pretensions of "moderation" and who certainly didn't vote for Obama and who has insulted many Americans who did vote for Obama.

WTF was he thinking? This isn't Big Tent, this is just more concessions to an intolerant conservative group that won't acknowledge it anyway (remember Clinton?), in the name of phony "compromise."

Great start, Barry. :mad:

#12     Dec 18, 2008
  3. If I was a liberal I would be pissed as hell.

I'm even pissed and im a conservative.

I thought Obama was smart enough to at the least not be controlled by the religious crazies or seek the praise of them.

Next week hes going to be partying with the KKK, after that he is going to shoot some guns and blow some shit up with some marines and after that he's going to bomb an abortion clinic.

By the time Obama is done trying to make everybody happy his four years will be up.

I truly think Obama is that guy at the party that begs with desparation for everyone to like him.

I thought Obama was going to be a radical left winger. Now i think my 7 week old puppy has more balls than him. Bush turned irrelevant after 6/7 years. Obama could lose all his artificial credibility in the span of a couple months.

#13     Dec 18, 2008
  4. Wallet

Wallet

I think it was a perfect pick, for no other reason than it pisses everyone off.

Maybe he just likes Warren and doesn't care what the Homo's think.

hahahahahahahahah

Hats off to President Elect Obama.

#14     Dec 18, 2008
  5. jem

jem

what do the gays want him to do - pick some lesbian pastor or father phelger?

I am not fond of Warren or Obama. But, this seemed like the perfect pick.

#15     Dec 18, 2008
  6. jem

jem

what do the gays want him to do - pick some lesbian pastor or father phelger?

I am not fond of Warren or Obama. But, this seemed like the perfect pick.

By the way I suspect they developed a friendship and I do think that his association with Warren softened up McCains base and let Obama pick off a lot votes.

#16     Dec 18, 2008
  7. Don't forget about AIDS, syphilis and Hepatitis C. Plus others of course.

#17     Dec 19, 2008
  8. A very astute choice by Obama. The only people that are truly pissed are the radical leftists, some of whom happen to be homo's. Radical leftists have nowhere to go politically. They'll never go Repub. They'll vote Dem or stay at home. Being an extremely small element of the party, Obama sees them for what they are...suckers. Pardon the pun.
    Anytime a politician tells the radical left to fuck off that's a good thing in my book. Score one for Obama.

#18     Dec 19, 2008
  9. Mercor

Mercor

Obamas religous values are only equal to the value they can be traded for politcal gain.

He was a Muslim untill he dropped from then sky into the swamp of Chicago. Then he joined the most political connected church in the black community. The same community Obama wanted to expolit for finanical gain.

Then he dumped the black church for politcal reasons.
    And now he makes this strong moral move to the right and a political pick for his inaugural pastor.

They story on Obama is not how he is a centerist or is just being pragmatic. It is about he has no core values. he goes from far left in the primaries to center-right with his picks.

This guy is Gumby like in the way he bends

#19     Dec 19, 2008
  10. Have any of you read any of his books?..Or are you just making asumptions based on an Oprah interview ?

#20     Dec 19, 2008