Obama picks Biden for veep

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Div_Arb, Aug 23, 2008.

1. jem

jem

Let's guess.. Start a war and let the pipelines and fields get destroyed.

Have your saudi friends say the are increasing production while they are not.

Talk about an energy policy but not create one.

on a side note

screw california out of billons when you could have intervened with ferc but instead hold secret meetings with Enron.

I have never voted for a democrat pres in my life. I just know when I have been sold out.

#31     Aug 24, 2008
  2. Mercor

Mercor

Are you smart?

All your comments lead to the idea that supply of oil is down.
    Not true!

The production and supply of oil on the world market is at a alltime high.

It is demand that is causing oil prices to rise.

Again, my question is what did Cheney and his secret meetings do to increase world demand?

#32     Aug 24, 2008
  3. jem

jem

have you considered that supply is lower than it would have been.

#33     Aug 24, 2008
  4. I know you think you're being sarcastic but Buffet has been a Democrat for many years.

I suggest you look at his contributions. 6-1 Dem $ to GOP.

And btw Buffet contributed the legal max to BOTH Obama and Clinton this year.

#34     Aug 24, 2008
  5. Mercor

Mercor

Boy, you are a slippery character.

You state an opinion, I dispute you with a fact. Then you try to slice a brand new opinion from my fact.

Go read some books and learn how to construct a decent argument.

#35     Aug 24, 2008
  6. jem

jem

slippery my ass. I have an Econ degree I do not think in absolutes... are you familiar with Supply and Demand CURVES?

I was arguing that Cheney and Bush were responsible for the rise in oil prices.

You argued Demand went up.

I do not think either of those statements are inconsistent. However I think the argument you were making was binary and your correction of my argument was either irrelevant or technically incorrect.

Frankly, your argument was independent of mine - I was not being slippery at all. I thought at a minimum Bush and Cheney effected both supply and demand. The war hit supply, the lack of energy policy effected demand. (although we know they were aware because Cheney was one of the first call for new nuclear power).

Now if you want proof the administration also collaborated with their friends to actually drive up the price of oil. I suspect it will be tough to prove in the short term... but that does not mean that I think his Dad and their Saudi Friends became accidental billionaires. (I will bet the Bush family made billions over the last few years.)

#36     Aug 25, 2008