Obama picks Biden for veep

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Div_Arb, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Mercor

Mercor

How did Cheney drive the price of oil up?

We know supply is at an all time high. So the problem is demand.

What did cheney do to cause strong demand?

Probably the best way to increase prices would be to stop building refineries. Why have no refineries been built in 30 years?

#21     Aug 23, 2008

2. We may never know as the Republicans still aggressively and adamantly refuse to release even the membership list of Cheney's "Energy Task Force" meetings.

Because it was cheaper to expand existing refineries, and that's what was done as you can see the (in some cases massive) increases in refining capacity below, in addition to the new refineries that don't exist below:

http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/finance/mergers/refcap_tab2.html

#22     Aug 23, 2008
  3. Mercor

Mercor

So the complaint is that Cheney drove prices higher and your fact is about some lobbiest meeting that we may never know anything about.

What a paranoid conclusion.

That fact is that the cause of higher oil prices is greater demand.
    What did Cheney and his cartel do to cause greater demand?

#23     Aug 23, 2008
  4. Cheney is a conundrum, wrapped in a paradox, covered in irony.

Who knows why he places orders for large quantities of puppy and kitten blood from the local veternarian hospitals around D.C. - and why should anyone assume the worst or care?

What he does with it is his own damn business! Leave the poor old bastard alone! Leave him alone I say!!!!!

And that goes for the next VEEP!!!

#24     Aug 23, 2008
  5. if McCain picks a pro-life female VP, Obama is toast,

Obama really screwed up, and as he stares at the ceiling at 2 in the morning wondering how on earth did he let it slip away, call Hillary at 3 AM.

she'll take the call

#25     Aug 23, 2008
  6. Mercor

Mercor

Better yet , Obama should text Hillary.....why to pull that one off, Obama

#26     Aug 23, 2008
  7. I think the quote you're reaching for is one that Churchill used when referring to the Soviet Union and the one that Oliver Stone stole for his fantasy movie called "Kennedy." Kevin Bacon playing the part of Willie the O. Says " it's he’s a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigima."

Biden is still a blow hard lightweight. Usama fuxxed up.

#27     Aug 23, 2008
  8. What scares me most is flaming liberals like Warren Buffett are backing Obama.

#28     Aug 23, 2008
  9. It took awhile for the light to come on in my head...but wow, what a dig at Hillary's "3:00am" commercial.
    To even think of that...

This couldn't have come from the mind of the stuttering, stammering guy who needs a teleprompter to speak smoothly,
    it hadda came from Osama's...ummm, I mean Obama's wife, Omarosa...ummm, I mean Michelle.
    She looks like a schemer...a BIG time schemer.

#29     Aug 24, 2008
  10. You people, "actually believe" it makes a difference who votes for whom, or if any particular candidate wins, or has a say in any measure of government.

Congrats to Hydro and $RM for pointing out the realities of the matter, as best as they could.

#30     Aug 24, 2008