Obama pays price for thinking Bush was a dunce

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mercor, Jun 3, 2010.

1. LOL? Clearly, you are delirious. You've fallen into the very same trap of your perceived enemies who defended Bush into the abyss, only you're so trapped in your failed idealogy, you cannot even see it.

If 18 months ago, on the date of Obama's iinauguration, someone had told a sock puppet such as yourself that you would be pelting your enemies with "wow Obama's ratings improved from 45-48%", I'm sure it would even make your sorry ass blush.

Kind of sad when you realize the "people of color" part of the equation is probably 90% approval no matter what the guy does.

#21     Jun 4, 2010
  2. Regarding Bush, it's too bad we can't tell how much of that was given to his talent and how much to his birth (or what he was born into).

#22     Jun 4, 2010
  3. Yannis

Yannis

And Obama "earned" his being (half) black? We all do what we can with what we get. Both of these two men have done well with their lot in life.

#23     Jun 4, 2010
  4. Obams is always RIGHT, he can do no wrong. Time to award him a fields medal, wolf prize, turing prize etc together with his peace award, throw in an olympics gold medal as well.

#24     Jun 4, 2010
  5. jem

jem

hold on a minute.

we just experienced an economic meltdown and then a 13 trillion dollar cash give away. Plus a multi trillion dollar looting accomplished by the oil market and Iraq.

The economy may be tentatively stabilised by the historic cash transfer to China and the Bankders... But we are on the precipice of a second huge leg down. (I suspect a 70% chance it will happen) .

Clinton, Rubin and Graham and the rest of our crooked congress ...eased glass steagall and refused to regulate the derivatives.

Greenspan (pretending not to be an employee of the banks - but really is by charter) loosened credit during a bubble and his bank friends proceeded to sell trillions of dollars in puts (mortgages) and thereby transfered trillions in wealth.

Another few more trillion was set up by the Cheney and Bush's oil gouge. (adding to the petroleum reserve while prices were escalating.... (very greenspan like)

The western world's future was looted to the tune of trillions of dollars by a cabal starting with Clinton - continuing through Bush and then continued by Obama....

Does anyone here really think these scumbag politicians were good for America or the West?

I am willing to change my mind on Obama - in case he does decide to serve hardworking americans... but right now these guys all are part of a cabal which looted and continue to loot america and Europe.

#25     Jun 4, 2010
  6. Mav88

Mav88

I have not thought that any president that I can remember was intellectually gifted. Politicians are actors mostly, they have some belief system with some stronger than others but it is not well developed or deep belief system typically.

Bush wasn't dumb, he lacked mental discipline. He loved to play the leadership game, and was very good at it, but I doubt that he did much homework at night.

Obama isn't dumb either, but he's clearly not the intellectual giant the demos packaged him as. In fact he is something of a lightweight, but because he has honed the stage role of 'wise man speaking measured thoughts' he can keep the Chris Matthews crowd pissing down their slacks. Another problem is now he actually believes it, to go along with his actor-celebrity narcissist complex.

ok they are both douches, what I care about is the actual policies and actions that result. If I have to vote between them, I plug my nose and vote Bush because less damage gets done. That seems to be about choice we get these days.

#26     Jun 4, 2010
  7. Yannis

Yannis

What I can say about Bush is that he often came across as timid and looking for his next word. Deer in the headlights phenomenon. That doesn't make him dumb.

I would classify myself as a strong introvert, but AT&T promoted me all the way to Executive Director over 18 years and for the subsequent 10 years I've made a very good living as a full time trader. We all have different gifts and we should be judged by the fruits of our work (and the content of our character) not how we appear to others who don't know us.

Let us not forget the "form vs function" conundrum that has plagued business and politics for millenia. The best speakers often make the dumbest mistakes...

#27     Jun 4, 2010
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

Obama?

I think it started at his inauguration.

#28     Jun 4, 2010
  9. Why are you comparing the two? I'm not. I think Obama sucks. Forget about him for the purpose of this conversation. It's like you have something to prove with it. I agree with 99.98% of everything you have ever said about Obama on this website.

But I'm talking about Bush only.

#29     Jun 4, 2010
  10. +1

#30     Jun 4, 2010