Obama on NDAA: I have the power to detain Americans… but I won’t

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mvector, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Mvector

Mvector

Against that record of success, some in Congress continue to insist upon restricting the options available to our counterterrorism professionals and interfering with the very operations that have kept us safe. My Administration has consistently opposed such measures. Ultimately, I decided to sign this bill not only because of the critically important services it provides for our forces and their families and the national security programs it authorizes, but also because the Congress revised provisions that otherwise would have jeopardized the safety, security, and liberty of the American people [Editor's Note: This phrase is nothing more than a legal-loophole clause referring to threats to veto prior versions, as the White House disputed not being given deference over detainment to the Office of the President]. Moving forward, my Administration will interpret and implement the provisions described below in a manner that best preserves the flexibility on which our safety depends and upholds the values on which this country was founded.

Section 1021 affirms the executive branch’s authority to detain persons covered by the 2001 Authorization for Use of Military Force (AUMF) (Public Law 107-40; 50 U.S.C. 1541 note).

http://www.infowars.com/president-o...ave-the-power-to-detain-americans-but-i-wont/

2. Mvector

Mvector

What a sick way to ring in the New Year - sad sad presidency

3. pspr

pspr

Sounds like the heavy hand of the Kremlin. We could round you up and incarcerate you but not today if you stay in line.

4. Odumbo has already shown, on MANY occasions, that he's a pathological liar.

Believe anything he says at your peril.

:( :(

5. That's a load off my mind. Obviously Obama always tells the truth and can speak for all future Presidents. Let's all take a collective sigh of relief on this one.

[​IMG]

6. That's mighty white of him