Obama! Obama! Obama!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ByLoSellHi, Jun 19, 2009.

1. I loathe Obama's approach to Wall Street, as it's Bush Part Deux, but I've tune myself out, because it's not worth the headache to me to dwell on it any longer.

I've accepted that he's bought and paid for by the same group of assholes that buy all our elected officials.

I also tuned out in the latter stages of Bush's Presidency - it was too much grief to dwell on his incompetency and f**k ups.

At least I didn't whine about it incessantly. :D

#11     Jun 19, 2009
  2. Updated list includes:

gigsup, Scataphagos, Mag Light, 426653478, MKTrader, spinn, Pa(b)st Prime, pspr, bugscoe, wmb, jficquette

[​IMG]

#12     Jun 19, 2009
  3. Thank you.

#13     Jun 19, 2009
  4. jficquette is the leader of that gang, let me tell you.

[​IMG]

#14     Jun 19, 2009
  5. You're welcome.

Gigsup, can you please answer these questions of mine from the other thread:

"What is difference between Obama's and Bush's support for fiscal policy coming from Congress?

What is difference between Obama's and Bush's support for monetary policy coming from the Fed?

What is the difference between Paulson and Geithner?

The only difference I know is Bush supports tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations... which I mostly agree with. I do not know of any difference when it comes to spending/programs and increasing the budget deficit.

Someone please tell me the differences?"

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=167395&perpage=6&pagenumber=11

#15     Jun 19, 2009

6. Bush would not have gov't interest in banks or car companies.

No Obama Jugen. This is something you should look into for

yourself.

Something is up with obama and 2nd Amendment. Firearms

sales have skyrocketed. Not a peep under Bush.

It looks highly suspicious that the financial panic came as Bush

was leaving office. True, he suspended his principles to avert

a meltdown. We will never know on that point.

Obama is piling 'great society" spending on top of a bankrupt

Treasury. Fed implosion highly likely. Bernanke shooting craps

Bushs' policies while wasteful would not have accelerated

spending to this degree.

AAA or Pabst could give you a more thorough answer.

I really cannot see a lot of difference between Paulson and

Geithner, except Geithner appears to be in over his head.

#16     Jun 19, 2009
  7. If we all give up, resolved to being unalterably F^CKED by Obama and his minions, then there is no hope.

"All it takes for the bad guys to win is for the good guys to do nothing."

Must keep bitching.... must keep hope alive... little by little, more will "get it"... perhaps before it's too late (if not already). :(

#17     Jun 19, 2009

8. Agreed. No Obama Zombie here.

#18     Jun 19, 2009
  9. You guys may call me crazy, but I don't like Obama either. I like his social policies like supporting science, stem-cell research, etc. But I hate TARP... I'm against the bailouts. I also don't like his tax increases and so forth.

The things that irritate me is that many of his economic views are the same as Bush's... and I think that many die hard Republicans who watch too much Fox don't realize that... so I end up defending Obama. The same goes for this bowing to a Saudi deal... it's completely out of proportion. So I defend Obama against nut job attacks.

It bothers me when Fox blames Obama for expanding the budget and the role of government because Bush did the same.... people need to realize that. Also remember that Bush supported TARP... and that Paulson was no different than Geithner.

As some of you know, I like Ron Paul. I donated money to his campaign, I bought shirts and fleeces from his campaign store and I even handed out pamphlets to my friends and neighbors. I feel like Ron Paul is a true conservative and Republican, one that has been missing since Raegan. It really frustrates me when people call Bush a fiscal conservative. He should've been a Democrat. Same goes for McCain... look at his voting record in the past decade. Nothing fiscally conservative about him either.

Unfortunately, I don't think the establishment (Republican leaders or Democrats) really want Paul having too much power. I really don't think that the Republicans and Democrats are that different anyway. In 2004, the parties separated themselves on dumb issues like gay-marriage and abortion... How much of the population does that affect? Who cares. There are few true Republicans like Ron Paul left. It's unfortunate that there is no fiscal conservatism or a small government ideology left in the Republican Party.

[​IMG]

#19     Jun 19, 2009
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

Alright!

Does this mean I'm - SOMEBODY?

:D

#20     Jun 21, 2009