Obama Now Losing Blue State New Jersey

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JamesL, Oct 14, 2011.

1. JamesL

JamesL

It seems that NJ is now moving into the swing state category:

"New Jersey voters disapprove 52 - 43 percent of the job President Barack Obama is doing, his lowest score ever in the Garden State. Disapproval is 88 - 10 percent among Republicans and 60 - 34 percent among independent voters. Democrats approve 77 - 19 percent. There is a large gender gap as women approve 50 - 45 percent while men disapprove 60 - 36 percent.

Voters split 47 - 48 percent on whether President Obama deserves reelection.

Obama leads possible Republican challengers in an early look at 2012 presidential election matchups:
    47 - 41 percent over former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney;
    49 - 36 percent over Texas Gov. Rick Perry;
    47 - 38 percent over businessman Herman Cain.

"President Barack Obama is in the dumps in traditionally blue New Jersey, but he's doing better than Snooki, and fortunately for the president, he's doing better than this week's crop of Republican contenders," Carroll said. "

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/x1299.xml?ReleaseID=1661

2. Obama is still more popular than Jersey shore, according to the latest Pole. (me being Polish and all).

3. cstfx

cstfx

Last I checked, he's not running against the cast of Jersey shore.

4. I understand that but people who vote for Obama watch Jersey Shore.

5. http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2010/06/10/john_mccain_tweets_message_to_jersey_s

John McCain Tweets Message To 'Jersey Shore' Star Snooki

What does John McCain and Jersey Shore star Snookie have in common? They're both Twits of course.

The fellow Twits recently tweeted with each other following comments the famed Jersey Shore guidette made in a recent interview with Glamour.

"I don't go tanning anymore because Obama put a 10% tax on tanning," the reality star said.

"And I feel like he did that intentionally for us. McCain would never put a 10% tax on tanning because he's pale and he'd probably want to be tan," she added.

"Haha Yes!! RT @SenJohnMcCain: @Sn00ki ur right, I wouldnever tax ur tanning bed! Obama 's tax policy is quite The Situation. but I do rec wearing sunscreen!" responded McCain via his twitter account.

6. Jersey Shore members voted for Mccain

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/11/john-mccain-snooki-too-go_n_678401.html

John McCain: Snooki 'Too Good Looking To Go To Jail'

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) says that Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi -- the 4'9" super-tan star of MTV hit reality show "Jersey Shore" -- is too attractive to be locked up in prison.

Mike O'Brien at The Hill tweeted what the Republican Senator had to say on the matter on Wednesday morning.

"I kind of thing she might be too good looking to go to jail," explained McCain on Phoenix-based radio station KMLE.

Snooki was arrested for disorderly conduct in Seaside Heights, New Jersey last month. The reality television star is scheduled to appear in court to settle the charges; however, she does not face jail time. News reports suggest it's likely she'll be made to pay a fine between $250 and $1,000.

Last month, Snooki told the Arizona Senator's daughter, Meghan McCain, that she voted for her father in the 2008 presidential election "because he was really cute and [she] liked when he did his speeches."

7. rc8222

rc8222

Republican Governor Chris Christie approval rating in New Jersey is in the 50's! Look what Obama's approval numbers are in the supposedly Democrat state. LOL!!!!!