Obama Now Isolated, Aimless In Office

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Oct 10, 2011.

1. pspr

pspr

The reports are not good, disturbing even. I have heard basically the same story four times in the last 10 days, and the people doing the talking are in New York and Washington and are spread across the political spectrum.

The gist is this: President Obama has become a lone wolf, a stranger to his own government. He talks mostly, and sometimes only, to friend and adviser Valerie Jarrett and to David Axelrod, his political strategist.

Everybody else, including members of his Cabinet, have little face time with him except for brief meetings that serve as photo ops. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton and Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner both have complained, according to people who have talked to them, that they are shut out of important decisions.

The president’s workdays are said to end early, often at 4 p.m. He usually has dinner in the family residence with his wife and daughters, then retreats to a private office. One person said he takes a stack of briefing books. Others aren’t sure what he does.

If the reports are accurate, and I believe they are, they paint a picture of an isolated man trapped in a collapsing presidency. While there is no indication Obama is walking the halls of the White House late at night, talking to the portraits of former presidents, as Richard Nixon did during Watergate, the reports help explain his odd public remarks.....

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/aimless_obama_walks_alone_OUgoMTkORRJioLl7B6ZYmN#ixzz1aO2kPvdU

2. It's bad, he sleeps with nancy Pelosi's picture under his pillow, cries himself to sleep ever since she's not the house speaker. Even Joe can't make him laugh.

3. Perhaps someday politicos will wake up and realize that we don't elect a pres to impose his personal ideologies upon the country. Sadly, we got that from both of our last 2 presidents... look where it got us.

:mad: :mad:

4. President Obama ..... talks mostly..... to David Axelrod, his political strategist who informed the President that Bush put a "spell" on him.

:D :D :D

(stsy tuned when Obama makes an unannoucned visit to kenya)

5. pspr

pspr

More likely Michelle's mother practicing witchcraft in the White House has the man upstairs a bit angry. Yes, there are reports she is into that.

6. "Bo" mysteriously disappears.....:cool:

7. Not surprising. The only real surprising part is how hard and fast he's fallen.

I told my friends and family in 2008 that Obama would be the best thing for conservatism this country has seen in a long time. That he would expose the liberal agenda for what it truly is, a bunch of lies and fairy tales.

Now if we could just rid the liberal douche bags out of the republican party, we'll start getting somewhere. That is where the real challenge is.

8. My first thoughts were the final 8-12 months of Nixon during Watergate as well. Obama has character issues; he's got the personality of a sales type who lacks the experience and leadership qualities of a President. It was simply a matter of time before the "contact high" wore off and everyone saw what a charlatan he truly is.

9. To accomplish this you'd have to literally quash the lobbyist influence in D.C. It's the number one reason the country has morphed into a kleptocracy. Even when they would like to represent the collective sentiment of their district, they are so thoroughly "bought and paid for" that there isn't a snowball's chance in hell of doing it.

10. In some cases the lobbyists write the bills. This is what we need, here's the legislation that'll do it. What kind of system is this?

#10     Oct 10, 2011