Obama:Nation needs to do some soul-searching over shooting of black teen

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Grandluxe, Mar 23, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

Yes, let the police do their job. Vigilantism is not legal.
    In that case I wouldn't go around verbally and physically assaulting people who ask me what I am doing here. I would try to be respectful. Otherwise, I might get shot while assaulting someone.

#31     Mar 23, 2012
  2. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why does Zimmerman have the right to question that boy for only walking down the street? Zimmerman DID NOT see that boy do crime to question him. Where is the rights of that boy to walk down the street where his father live?
    How will you feel if someone is following you and you not knowing who they are, why they follow you? What will you think if someone follow you for no reason because you only walking down the street? You will be afraid. You will maybe think the man is following you to rob you or beat you. If you are the girl, and just walking down the street and you know this man following you, you think to defend yourself becasue maybe they want to rape you. Zimmerman is not the police officer with uniform to show respect to. He is stranger stalking you.

#32     Mar 23, 2012
  3. What will you do when an unidentified male approaches you in an aggressive manner without clear intention? He gets in your face and his posture is aggressive (maybe his nose is one inch from yours). You have no idea who he is or what he wants;or if he is who he says he is. He aggressively questions you, may even be shouting and he doesn't like your answers. You want to disengage but it's obvious you can't he won't let you. Do you pasively stand there awaiting whatever else it is he has in store for you next? maybe every attempt you make to walk away is met with escalated aggression.

I sincerely doubt you would just let it happen to you.

#33     Mar 23, 2012
  4. pspr

pspr

I didn't know you were there. Maybe you should call the Sanford police and make a statement about what you saw that others didn't.

#34     Mar 23, 2012
  5. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from pspr:

In that case I wouldn't go around verbally and physically assaulting people who ask me what I am doing here. I would try to be respectful. Otherwise, I might get shot while assaulting someone.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So you are there?

#35     Mar 23, 2012
  6. pspr

pspr

No, I'm relying on reports I see from other witnesses and the police. If you are talking about the shooting. How about you?

If you are talking about my quote you copied above where I answered YOUR hypothetical situation, then I was just answering your hypothetical as best I could on the hypothetical you created.

#36     Mar 23, 2012
  7. Let's look at the facts.

Fact #1. Trayvon was almost 18. Its likely he had already gone through puberty and was no longer a "boy"

Fact #2 Black people have deeper voices than white people. The media claims zimmerman is white.

Fact #3 White people have deeper voices than hispanic people. Zimmerman claims he is hispanic.

Fact #4 Zimmerman is not an old man. He is only 28 so he probably still sounds relatively young. (if you were blindfolded, do you think you could tell the difference between a 28 year old and 18 year old?)

Now...close your eyes and try to imagine something. Try to imagine what a black man would sound like yelling for help and what a hispanic man would sound like. Which do you think would sound more like a "boy"? (if you have trouble with this exercise, just watch an episode of cops)

I rest my case.

#37     Mar 23, 2012
  8. One of the few indisputable facts of this is Zimmerman shot and killed this boy.
    So the next time he approaches a stranger at night it would be understandable if the stranger was afraid for his life and thus would be justified in shooting Zimmerman.

#38     Mar 23, 2012
  9. Obama by his actions, is exerting political pressure on law enforcement agencies to charge Zimmerman. This is no different from a banana republic

#39     Mar 23, 2012
  10. pspr

pspr

After Obama realizes he doesn't have the facts and has to walk back his comments - again, he'll hold another beer summit like he did last time he opened his mouth on a police matter because Obama is a racist.

This time there will only be one guy to invite to the White House for an apology.

#40     Mar 23, 2012