Obama moves at historic pace to diversify federal bench

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Edited for accuracy.

#21     Sep 13, 2011
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

And for very good reason.

#22     Sep 13, 2011
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Because he's smarter than you? :D

#23     Sep 13, 2011
  4. I was always a fan of Larry Mondello, the fat happy go lucky kid. :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#24     Sep 13, 2011
  5. Well if the legal field is mostly males, and the nation is mostly white, it would stand to reason that white males would consist of most of the hires.

How is hiring mostly white males in a field which is mostly male in a nation which is mostly white "discrimination"? Do you think that whites are some less likely to be qualified? Do you think white males will fail to reach conclusions which are as good as those of a "wise latina"? What, are you a racist or something?

#25     Sep 13, 2011

6. Personally I think the country's legal system demographics should match the nations demographics so I'm glad Obama is diversifying the federal bench :)

#26     Sep 13, 2011
  7. Ahh, I see. So, in that case you must be very troubled that minorities are over represented and whites are under represented in almost every federal department then, right? This must be a very big threat to "social justice" to you, right?

You know, call me old fashioned, but I would think that someone who was not a racial thinker would value how much of a constitutional scholar the potential appointee was would be more important than their racial or ethnic group. It appears that you attribute some significant value and meaning to it, like the person quoted in the article you posted, who described this as a "great diversity achievement".

#27     Sep 13, 2011
  8. rew

rew

Other than that they're far to the left and will not interpret the Constitution on the basis of what was intended by those who wrote it, but instead will do what the "living Constitutionists" do -- decide what liberal laws they want, and then pretend that they're mandated by the Constitution.

Sonia Sotomayor believes that it's wrong to enforce immigration law (no surprise, she is a member of La Raza) but does believe that it is okay to discriminate against white men.

#28     Sep 13, 2011
  9. Well rew, I used to think that. But then I learned the truth. My professor helped me understand that I was just being "reactionary". You see, diversity enriches us, it's out great strength, you can see how the professors said that this "diversity" enriches the federal courts, because they offer "diverse perspectives", which privileged, racist whites who were raised in a culture of white supremacy would not have. That's what Sotomayor was talking about when she said she would reach better conclusions that an "old white man", because she's a "wise latina". We might think that enforcing immigration law and adhering to the constitution as it was intended is what we should do, but that's just because we're stupid, evil white people. We're not "wise latinas" who have "diverse perspectives" that enrich us so much.

#29     Sep 13, 2011
  10. I don't believe you really own or carry but in the unlikely event you do, karmic justice would be for you to get railroaded by some affirmative action judge for shooting "youths" in legitimate self defense. :p

#30     Sep 13, 2011