Obama May Be "Most Hostile President to Israel"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by gigsup, Jun 23, 2009.

1. President Barack Obama's refusal to take a stand on protests in Iran stands in sharp contrast to demands he has made on Israel,
    Morton Klein of the Zionist Organization of America, says in a Newsmax interview.

"I think he should take a strong stand to support the protesters in Iran who want to transform that society into one that promotes
    democracy and human rights," Klein says.

"But while meddling in Israel's affairs and making specific demands, he explicitly states he refuses to meddle in Iran's
    policies and has said almost nothing."

Jewish leader Klein thinks Obama "may become the most hostile
    president to Israel ever."

2. Klein's comparison is ridiculous. "Meddling" in Iran has the potential to backfire. Ahmedinijad would use that to his advantage and say the US is doing the same thing it did in 1953 against Mossadeq. The tide is turning in Iran on it's own - getting involved would only slow the process or even jeopardize it.

And one more thing, Iran doesn't get US aid - so we didn't pay for the right to "meddle."

Israel can easily tell the US to F OFF. All it has to do is turn down US aid.

3. This is a good thing. I don't know why we give almost 2 billion to Israel on a yearly basis. What a waste of money... lets spend that cash at home on domestic soil!

Israel should also not be so hypocritical and claim to support democracy considering it surely favored US intervention when Hamas won the majority in a democratic election.

Does no one find it strange that Israel is the #1 recipient of US aid and Egypt is #2. Israel and Egypt are historic rivals. Looks like some divide and conquer tactic where US helps militarize both sides so they could eventually destroy one another if US backs off from the region.

4. Nice to see you've figured out the difference between Hamas and Hezbollah, something you apparently didn't know when you were commenting on the MidEast situation last week.
    What nonsense.

So this is the quality of analysis that your degree bought you? May I ask where you went to school to gain this alleged Political Science and International Relations B.A. you claim you have? Seriously. I'd like to know.

5. We have a Zionist in the room.:p