Obama makes clear support for ground zero mosque

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Trader666, Aug 14, 2010.

1. And just what do you think that is, appeasement?

#11     Aug 15, 2010
  2. All buildings are subject to local ordinances and all that. I have no idea what the issues are behind that Greek Orthodox church, but from what you posted it looks like their beef is with the Port Authority. If their issue was really something to do with religious freedom, they could sue all the way to the Supreme Court, and they would win.
    So, the problems the church is having have, on the evidence, or rather lack thereof, zip to do with the issue at hand. You and your right wing buds are just hand-waving: "Look! Shiny! Over here!"
    Re the mosque: The Mayor says they can build it. The NYC Landmarks Commission said they can build it at that site, because it complied with local law. Those are the only opinions that count.

#12     Aug 15, 2010
  3. The issue with the mosque isn't about religious freedom, libtard. This is what it's about:
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=204696

The problems with the Greek Orthodox Church and your dismissal of them just further shows your hypocrisy. And your idiotic statement that the only opinions that matter are Bloomberg's and his appointees on the NYC Landmarks Commission shows colossal stupidity and arrogance.

But I'm glad you "think" that way and that so many of your fellow libtards do, too, because that will only facilitate the libtards' demise in November.

#13     Aug 15, 2010
  4. cstfx

cstfx

If it means anything, this issue will probably be decided by the US Supreme Court if they elect to still want to build there.

#14     Aug 15, 2010
  5. Muslim and terrorist aren't the same thing, anymore than Christian and Nazi would be.
    Also, Muslims aren't a racial group, as the comments in that thread seem to indicate a weird idea that it is. I also see another thread talking about "white bleeding hearts", as if Muslims can't be white.
    Now, back to the point: Lower Manhattan is a very small place, and you could characterize, for purely demagogic purposes, just about any location down there as being "close to Ground Zero."
    That's what happened here, as this place is two blocks away from the WTC site. Two blocks in that place practically puts it in another neighborhood.
    Some demagogue got a hold of it, and has been having fun with it ever since. You gulls just swallow this stuff whole.
    Also, if you have any footage at all of anyone left of O'Reilly objecting to that Greek Orthodox Church, I'd like to see it. It's not a national issue because no one objects to them building anywhere. The mosque is a national issue for the sole reason that you guys made it one.

#15     Aug 15, 2010
  6. That's not the message of the video I linked you to at all, which you obviously can't rebut so you just spew BS like the idiot who wrote the article at your link. Its bottom line is about as stupid as your posts:

The people behind the Cordoba Initiative could build their mosque and community center miles up the road in midtown Manhattan, in Murfreesboro, Tenn., or anywhere else in the nation and there would likely be exactly as much uproar.
    http://content.usatoday.com/communities/Religion/post/2010/08/obama-mosque-ground-zero-911-/1

So the PROXIMITY issue isn't really about proximity? ROTFLMAO!!!!

The Greek Church was there BEFORE the Sep 11 attacks and was destroyed in them. So your point as usual is specious.

#16     Aug 15, 2010