Obama major liar about healthcare

Discussion in 'Politics' started by maxpi, Aug 25, 2009.

1. I have my own insurance through Blue Cross.

$5000 deductible, they pay 80% after that. It doesn't assist for doctor visits, drugs, etc - no co pay.

And it's cheap.

I had a $80k back surgery that cost me $20k. It's a good deal.

#21     Aug 25, 2009
  2. This would be fine.

Just don't steal from me (higher taxes), or from my parent's Medicare to help pay for it. let them develop a formula whereby they use family history, personal habits, etc, to determine rates.

Let them choose their plan, and take responsibility for themselves. Stop smoking. Get your BMI down. Reduce your stress level.

There was a similar situation where I live. The river kept flooding out people's homes, which were being covered by the guv. Eventually, the guv had enough and told them they weren't gonna cover them anymore. So the homes got sold to rich folks that could afford the high rates.

#22     Aug 25, 2009
  3. No one is saying the health care system is perfect. The fact is though that 70% are very satisfied with it. Many of the uninsured are that way because they choose to spend their money on other things. There is nothing evil about an insurance company refusing coverage for a preexisting condition. If they didn't, why would anyone even bother with insurance? Just wait until you needed it, then let the suckers who had been paying inot it over the years pick up the bill for you. That's called the free rider problem. Of course, since being a parasite on responsible people is the bedrock principle of the democrat party, it is hard for them to criticize it.

The bottom line is many if not most of those most in favor of "reform" believe it is the government's duty to provide them with first rate health care, and it is someone else's responsiblity to pay for it. Obama has led them to believe his plan will do just that, and for a lot of them it probably will. The rest of us will be stuck paying the bill.

#23     Aug 25, 2009
  4. They should provide an option like I use.

Disaster insurance, really.

With an opportunity to borrow to pay it off.

You can't pay it off? Fine, get your kids to guarantee it, or your folks, or your siblings.

What? They said they don't want to? Imagine that......

Now if they don't want to, why should I.....

#24     Aug 25, 2009
  5. maxpi

maxpi

I don't see any difference between a death panel and rationing...

None of the politicians have done anything to limit welfare or health care to illegals in decades, let alone close the border or even allow police to check if they are citizens.. it follows that they will extend unlimited benefits to illegals..

Democrats never put any cost containment provisions in anything unless it's military.. so it follows that this Marxist healthcare that they just have to have [at all costs] will be at, well, all costs...

And where in the Constitution is the Federal Government empowered to pay for health care?? All the other unconstitutional stuff the Fed does like Health, Education and Welfare is an abysmal failure.. I can think of no reason that Federal health care would not follow that pattern...

And... it brings in 45 million new patients and doesn't add any doctors.. that is instant rationing right there... so I worked all my life, paid into Medicare and now Liberal idealogues expect me to accept rationing so non citizens can have health care???

Liberalism is a mental disorder... it's not that complicated, it's a mental disorder...

#25     Aug 26, 2009
  6. Is there a difference between the current system and rationing?

There is already rationing. This entire rationing theme is a sideshow. When people are denied coverage isn't that rationing?

When insurance rates rise and more people find they cannot afford it and are priced out of insurance isn't that rationing?

When the shit really starts hitting the fan with baby boomers entering old age and Medicare going bankrupt do people think the more common idea of rationing won't be FORCED?

There was an interesting article in I think the Washington Post where the writer pointed out there used to be something akin to death panels previously in the early days of dialysis machines. It only ended after government stepped in and made the the treatment more widely available.

Americans can go on enjoying their "unrationed" care---as long as you can pay for it! A projected 9 trillion dollars debt and counting makes one wonder.

#26     Aug 26, 2009
  7. Once you realise death is the common denominator, you will shed your materialism and know this debate is meaningless

#27     Aug 26, 2009
  8. I did already, they are called utillities or power companies. Regulated but semi guaranteed monopolies.

#28     Aug 26, 2009
  9. Mercor

Mercor

This may be a good model for health care.

To compare utilities to the health care plan think of the government wholly owning and running a nuclear power plant next to a privately owned nuclear plant.
    The government run plant need not worry about capitol costs, profits, or regulations since they can make their own.

#29     Aug 29, 2009