Obama lovers, what were You thinking??

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MohdSalleh, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Mnphats

Mnphats

Opposing the massive amounts of spending and total government control of health care is not scare tactics, its scary in itself.

#31     Oct 13, 2009
  2. its not scary to millions of senior citizens. its called medicare. i would bet that any politician that went before a group of elderly and advocated ending medicare would be run out of town on a rail.

#32     Oct 13, 2009
  3. it's really rather simple ...

ARE YOU SUCKING SOMEONE ELSE'S TEET OR ARE YOU PRODUCING MILK?

#33     Oct 13, 2009
  4. Wallet

Wallet

And all this time I thought Medicare was bankrupt and needed massive overhauls ? I guess compounding the problem is the answer.

#34     Oct 13, 2009
  5. NOTE: I only tune into this site to get mad in order to restart my brain/heart ....

Thank you All! NOW THIS IS HEALTHCARE

#35     Oct 13, 2009
  6. Wallet

Wallet

The sheer idiocy of most posts on this forum leads me to believe most of the posters here just like to spew crap just for the sake of arguing.

To take these boards seriously, one needs their head examined.

#36     Oct 13, 2009
  7. Most libs did not vote for Obama as protest vote against Bush. They voted for him because he is black. They needed some way to clense their guilty conscience, and a vote for Obama was a means to that ends. The people who voted for his Nobel Peace Prize followed suit. Make no mistake about it.

#37     Oct 13, 2009
  8. i have had 3 parents go through the medicare system through end of life and i have 1 still alive in medicare. medicare may be short of money but it is a great program for seniors. maybe too good. the solution is simple. means test it.

#38     Oct 13, 2009
  9. Wallet

Wallet

I have 2 parents on it as we speak, yes without it they both would have serious problems, but that doesn't take away from the fact that it is fiscally broke.

If it was audited to cut the waist and fraud, it might actually work but in it's present state not. Government has had ample time from both Republican and Democratic administrations to fix the problem, but nope hasn't been done. So why should I think that an expanded similar program will fare any better.

Hospitals are already turning away Medicare patients in some states, because they don't pay, the deficiencies in payments from admitted medicare patients are passed on to normal pay patients. This will only get worse, or the Hospitals and Doctors will be working pro bono.

Government run healtcare although it sounds ideologically superior, has a horrible track record.

#39     Oct 13, 2009
  10. and yet not one nation that has it now would ever give it up. to suggest to anyone from a nation with government healthcare that they should get a system like ours would get you called crazy.
    our northern neighbor, canada, has a very popular system. all polls show they would never trade for what we have.

#40     Oct 13, 2009