Obama lovers, what were You thinking??

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MohdSalleh, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Actually, it is.

And we will do it again.

#21     Oct 13, 2009
  2. Wallet

Wallet

Hummm... I thought the Dems had control of both houses??????

#22     Oct 13, 2009
  3. the scare tactics have worked even with some of the conservative democrats.

#23     Oct 13, 2009
  4. Wallet

Wallet

I'd say that's more of a knock against the Democratic House and Senate members and their inability to lead their own people.

And why do you automatically place the blame against the minority Repubs? Maybe it's just a case of bad or nonexistent legislation?

#24     Oct 13, 2009
  5. just who do you think manufactures the death panel nonsense. if your side has a loud voice, ie rush and fox news, and you are able to scare granny into thinking government death panels await her it has an effect.

#25     Oct 13, 2009
  6. Wallet

Wallet

Ooooo, the death panels!

I really wish Palin would have thought before she opened her yap on that one, but the essence behind her though was and is correct, there exists to an extent rationed healtcare presently, and it will increase under the new proposals.

But regardless of all the opposition you claim sways public opinion, I thought the President on prime time TV, dispelled all those trumped up false accusations??? I mean they blocked off the air time without the possibility of any type of rebuttal, geeesh.

Who does the public listen too?

Hello? It isn't the Pubs fault that the Democrats can't pass a bill in which they hold a majority vote in both houses.

The Dems just don't want to be the only name on a bill that sinks us.

#26     Oct 13, 2009
  7. what ever gave you the idea that the elderly and less educated think rationally? the repubs are smart enough to know that all you have to do is plant a seed of fear and it will take much more than facts to dispell it.
    i will agree that obama made a major blunder by trying to craft a reform bill that he thought repubs might support. he thought that since the public wanted reform and it was the right thing to do the repubs would eventually go along somewhat. he failed to understand that for the repubs its not about healthcare right or wrong. its about regaining power by hook or crook.
    obama should have come out in the beginning and said everyone gets the same health care plan that congress gets instead of the complicated hard to understand bill that we have now. in the end we will get a reform bill though. the vote today was a big step forward.

#27     Oct 13, 2009
  8. Exactly; and, I might add, very forcefully say: "Who cares if health insurance companies are put out of business. The purpose of current health insurance companies is to make a profit; not provide health care".

Once again, instead of doing the right 'thing' we (Democrats) have sold out for the apparent politically feasible 'thing'.

In response to the OP; very happy I voted for Obama, would have voted for him regardless of Bush and will be very happy to see him re-elected in 2012.

#28     Oct 13, 2009
  9. wjk

wjk

Would this administration’s yet to materialize transparency increase this fear, or dispel it?

#29     Oct 13, 2009
  10. Wallet

Wallet

Whoa! I admit there's plenty of room for improvement in the current health care industry, but when the idea is to get rid of companies because they make money???

There's some fundamental flaws in your thinking.... just like congress.

#30     Oct 13, 2009