Obama lied! And the economy died!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Meh...its kind of half political and half economics. Could've gone either way. Here...I will talk about economics just so we can keep it in here.

Everything Obama does ruins the economy. He says he is going to save jobs, and we lose jobs. Then he tells us the economy is turning around and he just happened to hire 40% more census workers than normally(why hire 40% more workers when the population only increased 10%?) and says "hey look...unemployment is getting better!" He tells us we are in a recovery and at the same time we have a record 39 million people on foodstamps.

Hows that? Yeah, you're right...I'll try to keep in in the P&R forums next time :)

#11     Apr 22, 2010
  2. Spoken like a true idiot. I'm putting Gastropod and Peilthetraveler on my buddy list. Too bad they don't have a comic relief list for brain donors like Free Thinker. By the way Peil, O-bomb lies every time his lips move.

#12     Apr 22, 2010
  3. Wallet

Wallet

Regained 4T in lost value? What are you talking about?

Stock market is 3000 points off it's highs and is being propped up by the feds. Stock market is not an economic gauge compared to the average citizen.

Housing numbers are manipulated, numbers show corporate buying of foreclosed homes, not individuals coming into the market, loans in default are growing fast, mortgage co's are not evicting people at the present as the properties devalue quickly when left in abandoned status. Commercial properties are a disaster.

Auto companies in comparison to a year ago are better but still way off the normal sales figures seen prior meltdown. Ford stands alone GM maybe after massive layoffs and plant shutdowns....Chrysler is now owned by the unions.

Jobs are a joke, even with the temporary census employment they are still stagnant, the only reason why they hover at their present state is that employers have cut all non essential payroll, if they start dropping again it means companies are going out of business en mass.

Retail sales are squat,

and BANKS DO NOT PRINT MONEY.

That's the Fed's job and they are doing it too well .

#13     Apr 23, 2010
  4. jnorty

jnorty

nice summary wallet. 1 yr ago i knew wall street would take the easy depression type comparisons of 2009 and run wild with the hype of "look earnings up 70%".i thought it would work for a while and then flop. i was wrong as it worked and worked more and more and more.as you pointed out car sales are down 30% from 2007 yet the media is spamming them like there near all time highs. retail stks everywere are near all time highs yet business is still down big from 2007.at some pt this unravels fast buts its impossible to know when

#14     Apr 23, 2010
  5. Obama has basically LIED ABOUT EVERYTHING..

Can't recall the link, but someone was keeping track of "Significant Obama Lies"... as of about a month ago, the list was up to 33.

#15     Apr 23, 2010
  6. #16     Apr 23, 2010
  7. more market manipulation.

Durable goods orders, ex non defense aircraft, rock!

Mar Durable Goods headline unexpectedly fell by 1.3% vs a forecasted rise of .2% BUT, ex transports, orders rose a solid 2.8%, well above estimates of a gain of .7%. Non Defense Capital Goods ex Aircraft rose 4% after a 2.1% gain in Feb and is up 12.5% y/o/y. A 67% drop in non defense aircraft weighed on the top line, offsetting the 2.2% gain in vehicles/parts. Helping the core portion were solid gains in computers/electronics, electrical equipment, machinery and primary metals. Inventories rose .2% but the inventory to shipments ratio fell to 1.67 from 1.69 as shipments, which get directly plugged into GDP, rose 1.2%. Bottom line, the figure ex aircraft was solid and gives even more reason for the FOMC next week to alter, whether thru rhetoric or action, their extraordinarily accommodative stance.

#17     Apr 23, 2010
  8. the russell 2000 has made a round turn.up almost 100% off the lows. it is back to pre bush crash levels. the russell 2000 reflects smaller domestic companies.
    it has to be manipulation since the economy died under obama.

#18     Apr 23, 2010
  9. "It's different this time."

#19     Apr 23, 2010
  10. Say it ain't so. Was this heath care bill a lie? Can't be! I thought we were told the bill would actually "save" money. The government lied...SHOCKING!

By RICARDO ALONSO-ZALDIVAR, Associated Press Writer Ricardo Alonso-zaldivar, Associated Press Writer – Fri Apr 23, 5:58 am ET

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama's health care overhaul law is getting a mixed verdict in the first comprehensive look by neutral experts: More Americans will be covered, but costs are also going up.

Economic experts at the Health and Human Services Department concluded in a report issued Thursday that the health care remake will achieve Obama's aim of expanding health insurance — adding 34 million to the coverage rolls.

But the analysis also found that the law falls short of the president's twin goal of controlling runaway costs, raising projected spending by about 1 percent over 10 years. That increase could get bigger, since Medicare cuts in the law may be unrealistic and unsustainable, the report warned.

It's a worrisome assessment for Democrats.

In particular, concerns about Medicare could become a major political liability in the midterm elections. The report projected that Medicare cuts could drive about 15 percent of hospitals and other institutional providers into the red, "possibly jeopardizing access" to care for seniors.

#20     Apr 23, 2010