obama JUST blamed Speculators..

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sammybea, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Rocko1

Rocko1

A sad day for America, where the majority believe that they have absolutely no choice besides the 2 mainstream parties who actually hint uniformity in the issues that matter.

Ron Paul was your last hope, now America's fucked, and probably deserves it for the above ignorance.

#21     Sep 29, 2008
  2. sho-tim

sho-tim

Those who demanded banks make these loans and rigged up fnm and fre to buy them will never in a million years admit they caused this whole thing.

So, they'll just keep going down the list of potential fall guys. Right now they're at wall street fat cats, soon it will be speculators.

#22     Sep 29, 2008
  3. r-in

r-in

Franky Raines...lol..I just heard a recording of him saying how Fannie's rsik level is very low and getting ticked off about being questioned about potential problems with FANNIE...lol Good thing he is one of Obama's top advisors.

#23     Sep 29, 2008
  4. Rick Davis.

#24     Sep 29, 2008
  5. gnome

gnome

No one deserves to be a victim after trusting someone... even elected leaders.

#25     Sep 29, 2008
  6. veggen

veggen

What will that transaction tax mean, and how will it affect the daytrader? I haven't heard about it yet. (From Norway, Europe)

#26     Sep 29, 2008
  7. Forget about it.
    It was proposed by 16 people in the House and Oregon Rep. DeFazio was the crafter of the proposal. It WILL NEVER see the light of day.

#27     Sep 29, 2008
  8. You are probably 100% right on that but nonetheless it's very scary. I emailed my congressfolk anyhow..

#28     Sep 29, 2008
  9. I did so last week to DeFazio ( who authored the proposal ), and Pete Stark.

Pelosi would never do anything to hurt NYC. She's a lot smarter than that.

Such legislation won't happen.

#29     Sep 29, 2008
  10. veggen

veggen

It sounds pretty bad.. But trusting you guys when you say it will never happen! But what is the thought behind it? That we have to pay a certain amount of tax on every transaction?

#30     Sep 29, 2008