Obama is the elitist?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bigdavediode, Aug 21, 2008.

How many houses do you own?

1. 1

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  2. 2

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. 3

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  4. Not sure...

8 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Politicians are all bought out by the same rich people you want to defend.

As for the undeducated urban males, half of them are doing it for survival. The other have no other recourse to maintain their operations, not like you can go to court over territory disputes. Although, as soon as they organize and try to handle their drug business on a more professional organized manner with minimal violence, the police really gets scared.

#41     Aug 22, 2008
  2. BSAM

BSAM

And this old, pathetic, megamillionaire wants to be the President???

#42     Aug 22, 2008
  3. jem

jem

The comparison between McCain and Kerry is specious.

Kerry whored himself to a women I could not imagine being attracted too. Hence a man of scary ambition and dubious decision making capacity.

#43     Aug 22, 2008
  4. Kerry's ugly, weird wife is worth at least 5x more than Cindy McCain. Also, while I'm sure she's never been poor it's safe to assume Cyndi was worth a hell of a lot less than 100mil 28 years ago.

I find it humorous people caring about the wealth of these spouses when both Clinton and Gore have accumulated a higher net worth than McCain since leaving the White House.

And how about the duplicity of LoZZZZZer's refs to Cindy McCains drug use. The Dem nominee for President not only used Cocaine but DEALT pot.

#44     Aug 22, 2008
  5. Uhhh no, she is the heiress to a beer fortune, so yes, she was worth millions 28 years ago when McCain cheated on his first wife with her.

Additionally the logic that McCain married the beautiful rich model because he had depth intrigues me.

Republicans attacked Obama as being the elitist -- generally Democrats are too wimpy to attack such non-issues. Republicans, however, love this stuff. Expensive haircuts and shoe costs -- God knows Republicans can't talk about issues.

Oooooh, pot? Wow, that's really heavy, man...

#45     Aug 22, 2008

6. No one cares about pot use. Gore was a daily smoker for seven years. It was barely a ripple. Comparing someone (a non candidate to boot) who abused drugs prescribed for a bona fide medical problem is a one compared to a Presidential candidate who SOLD illegal drugs for profit. And I only have knowledge of pot he just as easily could have been selling blow too. How surprising. A black drug dealer. Who'd think.

And those charges of elitism were raised primarily by HC not the GOP. How the fuck anyone can think some two bit Chicago machine lawyer is “elite”is beyond me. Without a couple of flukes he'd still be in the Illinois Senate which is more of an embarrassment than elitism. Before this campaign Obama's “circle” was Jeremiah Wright and Tony Rezko. Wow, real elite stuff.

#46     Aug 22, 2008
  7. I'd like to read the quote about Obama being a drug dealer, a BLACK drug dealer (since you specifically mentioned "BLACK").

'Cause I already know about Cindy McCain stealing from a charity for the sick to support her addiction (she actually forged prescriptions, too, and then fired the whistleblower who went to the DEA about it.)

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/1999/10/18/drugs/

But mostly I'm intrigued of the Republican standard where Obama is guilty of bad judgement because his pastor said angry things, while McCain isn't guilty of bad judgement for marrying a drug addict model and thief.

Also, Obama got his picture taken once with a terrorist, don't forget that one.

#47     Aug 22, 2008
  8. These ideas aren't new ones. Try voting for Kucinich or Nader and see how many people follow suit. Its a little like after you've come out of a movie theater and open the door out into the real world after having your senses roller-coastered all over the place
    from a film that just captivated you. We're jolted into having to choose between what we're given, Bilderburgs running the world or not. One of the candidates is going to make life a little better for a majority of people and the other is going to take care of his minority constituency. I'm not sure a libertarian anarcho-syndicalist approach to governing wouldn't just have a different set of predators at the top of the food chain -- seems unavoidable.

#48     Aug 22, 2008
  9. Mercor

Mercor

Sure, no one seems to care about pot use these days, for many even if it is their own children.

But this will be the first time a nominee and potential President has admitted to committing felonies.

Cocaine possession is criminal equivalent of armed robbery.
    Pot is one thing, but few people favor legalizing cocaine.

How will Obama view the unlucky cocaine users who got caught and are in prison.

#49     Aug 22, 2008
  10. Republicans don't seem to care about drunk driving...

So GW gets busted while drunk and driving a car...

GW's wife kills her ex boyfriend while driving her car...

Cheney gets caught twice for driving while drunk (and most folks believe Cheney was drinking when he shot his friend with a shotgun)...

And you are worried about someone doing some pot or a bit of blow in their youth?

How do Bush and Cheney view the unlucky people in jail for felony DUI?

Geez...if republicans only had a brain.

#50     Aug 22, 2008