Obama is the elitist?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bigdavediode, Aug 21, 2008.

How many houses do you own?

1. 1

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  2. 2

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. 3

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  4. Not sure...

8 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Elitism has nothing to do with how much money you have. It is a state of mind and way of thinking. Plenty of university professors and journalists of modest means are far more elitist than, say, T. Boone Pickens.

#11     Aug 21, 2008
  2. Around 10% of delegates at the DNC will be members of the NEA.

Public education is about paying teachers first. Educational quality doesn't matter.

Detroit spends more per pupil than any system in the U.S.

Chicago public schools were 90% white in 1950. Today they're 11% white.

You'll get a kick out of this AAA. One of my best friends is a disgruntled Colgate alum. Check out parts of this letter he forwarded me:

While there appears to be no specific intent to force ideological conformity among faculty, it is interesting to note that in a 2004-2005 survey on political views of Colgate faculty, the independent Higher Education Research Institute found that of the 168 who responded (approximately 46 percent of the faculty at the time), 76.2 percent self-identified as being “liberal” or “far left”, 21.4% self-identified as being “middle of the road”, and 2.4 percent self-identified as “conservative.” None self-identified as “far right.” (See
    www.maroon-news.com, commentary 1/27/2006 “Missing Diversity at Colgate” by Stanley
    C. Brubaker, professor of political science.)

#12     Aug 21, 2008
  3. Which is a good thing because four of Milwaukee's voucher schools have collapsed, and 10% demonstrate "alarming deficiencies."

As well, about 70% of the Milwaukee kids now attend "religious schools" and it costs the taxpayer $83 million.

Here's an interesting article about the pros and cons:

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=333144

Now, back to Obama being an "elitist..."

#13     Aug 21, 2008
  4. Mercor

Mercor

This whole episode is a good example of the stereotypical and belligerent prejudice against wealth and the people who have it.

The picture painted is that rich people cheated or somehow don't deserve there wealth. The are accused of not working for it or exploiting others for it.

The attack on CEO is relentless. Some CEO's pay make not be logical but the rules are set before they start.

Maybe we should thank McCain for helping hold up the housing market. Consider the fact that we the public are going to be stuck with billions of bad mortgages from Fred/Fann.

The most ironic point is that everyone here is trying to make that "easy money" that Obama says is unfair. Obama and the DEMs feel the only good money is wage earned money.

When you get 7 houses please post here and show me that the American dream can come true.

You may say that Cindy inherited all her money. What do you do?, propose that family fortunes are dispersed to the general public after the death of the orginal earner.

Cindy has her money in the economy exposed to the risks of the market. I could ask nothing more of her.

#14     Aug 21, 2008
  5. Really? Because I thought it was more about the fact, not that McCain has too many homes or multiple homes, but that he doesn't even know how many homes he has thus displaying how really out of touch he is with the common man.

You have incredibly low expectations for citizenry.

#15     Aug 21, 2008
  6. Mercor

Mercor

Some of these are just for investment purposes. I am sure the McCain’s have millions of dollars in many other investments, investments that make the houses look like loose change. I doubt that John could read those off on the spot.

They have 100 million in the market , more then most medium size businesses. Any business with assets like that has teams of accountants managing it.
    Plus its her money, They do keep a strong line between Johns and Cindy money. She may be making investments on her own.

I am sure Cindy as a citizen and Senators wife could write a book on how to promote charity.

#16     Aug 21, 2008
  7. ...and Cindy McBush could write a book on how to steal drugs from her own charity.

...and Cindy McBush could write a book on how to steal a married man from a crippled mother of 2.

...and Cindy McBush could write a book on how to steal recipes from Rachel Ray.

...and Cindy McBush could write a book on steals a cookie recipe from Hershey and submits it as her own to Family Circle.

http://wdtdn.blogspot.com/2008/06/cindy-mccain-steals-more-stuff.html

#17     Aug 21, 2008
  8. Oh, I can see we have another "bleeding heart" for that poor persecuted minority group---The Rich.

Yes, the American dream can come true, you too can join that exclusive minority persecuted club...just marry a drug addicted bimbo who is also an heiress...

#18     Aug 21, 2008
  9. Mercor

Mercor

A minority is defined as a person who has particular traits of which they have no choice.

Blacks
    Hispanics
    Asian
    Elderly
    Inherited wealth

No one should make light of people with these features.

#19     Aug 21, 2008
  10. Yes, the race of inherited wealth is so badly mistreated...denied the right to live on the wrong side of the tracks, forced to dine at the country club, required to sit at the back of the limo...

#20     Aug 22, 2008