Obama is sort of God

Discussion in 'Politics' started by drjekyllus, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Who in the media called him G-D?

#11     Jun 10, 2009
  2. Maybe Obama is just following in the footsteps of Caligula.

"In 40, Caligula began implementing very controversial policies that introduced religion into his political role. Caligula began appearing in public dressed as various gods and demigods such as Hercules, Mercury, Venus and Apollo.[79] Reportedly, he began referring to himself as a god when meeting with politicians and he was referred to as Jupiter on occasion in public documents.[80][81] A sacred precinct was set apart for his worship at Miletus in the province of Asia and two temples were erected for worship of him in Rome.[81] The Temple of Castor and Pollux on the Forum was linked directly to the Imperial residence on the Palatine and dedicated to Caligula.[81][82] He would appear here on occasion and present himself as a god to the public. Caligula also had several god statue's heads removed and replaced with his own in various temples.[83]

Caligula's religious policy was a departure from that of his predecessors. According to Cassius Dio, living Emperors could be worshipped as divine in the east and dead Emperors could be worshipped as divine in Rome.[84] Augustus also had the public worship his spirit on occasion, but Dio describes this as an extreme act that emperors generally shied away from.[84] Caligula took things a step further and had those in Rome, including Senators, worship him as a physical living god.[85]"

#12     Jun 10, 2009
  3. I saw the piece. Forgive me, but I was not aware that you are contextually disabled. Do they give you a special parking sticker for that?

As for Fox, they did all but deify Bush when he was in office and have just barely fallen short of calling Obama the devil. And they meant it.

#13     Jun 10, 2009
  4. It is always left field until it happens.

A year ago, did u think we would b having this discussion about a black man?

Obama WILL get a pass from the media and the voters.

He will get a second term.

People will still remember that idiot from Texuuuuus.

And as long as there is a division of the pubs such as some people here represent, the party of Rush will resonate loudly in America.

The other guy will carry the Confederacy and Mountain West, and the incumbent will carry everywhere else.

The masses won't remember anything but the last maybe six months of his administration. If the economy is showing ANY green shoots, then it will b another victory, it won't b Reagan/Mondale, but it will b convincing.

The only thing that can stop him is an outright depression, which will cost him the Rust Belt.

Other than that, u guys are gonna b griping and complainin for 7 more years.

EDIT: Let me hammer home a point. Bush fucked up so BADLY that he set the stage for a BLACK man to b president:D

Blacks represent what, 12 percent of the population?

#14     Jun 10, 2009
  5. So again...who in the media named/called him G-D?

Any name will do.

#15     Jun 10, 2009
  6. Jesus said in Matthew 10:34-36 "Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn
    " 'a man against his father,
    a daughter against her mother,
    a daughter-in-law against her motherinlaw—
    a man's enemies will be the members of his own household"

So it seems that Obama IS the anti-christ by trying to bring people together in peace.

#16     Jun 10, 2009
  7. I admire FOX. They have a solid understanding of their demographic. That network IS home to the Simpsons, Family Guy, and King of the Hill.

Let that sink in for a moment.

Oh, and I forgot American Idol.:D

They are the official home of the STUPID AMERICAN.

#17     Jun 10, 2009

8. Did you bother to watch the clip?

You have Evan Thomas of Newsweek and Chris Matthews of MSNBC. Two separate new organizations.

EVAN THOMAS: Well, we were the good guys in 1984, it felt that way. It hasn't felt that way in recent years. So Obama’s had, really, a different task We're seen too often as the bad guys. And he – he has a very different job from – Reagan was all about America, and you talked about it. Obama is ‘we are above that now.’ We're not just parochial, we're not just chauvinistic, we're not just provincial. We stand for something – I mean in a way Obama’s standing above the country, above – above the world, he’s sort of God. He’s-

MATTHEWS: Yeah.

Evan Thomas says "he's sort of God", then Chris Matthews agrees and says "Yeah."

Then you have poeple complaining that Fox News is biased. What a joke. Once again, you can't make this stuff up.

#18     Jun 10, 2009
  9. Simply question..since that puck bitch Jerkulous is not man enough to answer a straight question.

Are afraid of your concept called the anti-christ?

#19     Jun 10, 2009
  10. Does that scare you?

#20     Jun 10, 2009