Obama Is Losing A Stunning Amount Of African-American Support In North Carolina Read

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mercor, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Mercor

Mercor

President Barack Obama is rapidly losing support among African-American voters in North Carolina, a new poll out today from the Democratic-leaning Public Policy Polling shows.

The poll finds that Mitt Romney would get 20 percent of the African-American vote if the election were held today, compared with 76 percent for Obama. Overall, Romney has a 48 percent to 46 percent lead on Obama in the crucial swing state.

Obama received 95 percent of the support from African-Americans in North Carolina in the 2008 election, compared with just 5 percent for Republican nominee John McCain.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/bara...ote-black-north-carolina-2012-6#ixzz1xcu37wK5

2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I think there is a significant portion of African-Americans who voted for Obama the first time simply because he is black (and would be the first black President). We know there were non-blacks that did this, so it figures that the percentage of blacks would be at least similar, if not more.

Now that the honeymoon has worn off, and everyone has seen what they got, there will be a degeneration of the desire to vote for him simply because he is black, and more reasons to vote on his record.

In other words, I would expect this to manifest itself nationally, with the exception of highly urbanized areas where welfare and government entitlements are the norm.

Not that my office is typical necessarily, but of the three African American employees we have, I'm pretty close with two of them (the third is in a group I don't really interact with). At lunch, I have purposely stayed away from discussions that would center around Obama, not wanting to get into a racial discussion. To my delight, I did not have to as both of them were openly hostile to the current administration and policy. And all three of us voted for Obama the last time, and will vote ABO this time.

3. JamesL

JamesL

Obama faces headwinds not just in the black community too. From yesterday's Gallup report:

Obama's White Base Shows Cracks Compared With 2008
    Support down five points since 2008 among all voters, but more among key 2008 white supporters

http://www.gallup.com/poll/155156/Obama-White-Base-Shows-Cracks-Compared-2008.aspx

"Obama's support is down about equally among whites and blacks, while it is unchanged among Hispanics. Additionally, Obama has generally lost more support from the white subgroups that were most supportive of him in 2008 -- young adults, postgraduate women, nonmarried women, residents of low-income households, non-Christians, and nonreligious adults -- than from the white subgroups that were less supportive. Obama has also lost a greater-than-average amount of support among nonmarried men and non-postgraduate men."

Also, Obama losing support among Jews (hear that, cold/jason....JEWS ):

http://www.gallup.com/poll/155111/Mormons-Widely-Favor-Romney-Jewish-Voters-Back-Obama.aspx

"Among Jews, Obama's current 64% to 29% advantage compares with a 74% to 23% advantage before the election in 2008. Thus, he is running 10 points lower among Jewish registered voters than in 2008, which is five points worse than his decline among all registered voters compared with 2008."

4. Which is why we will see more stories like this one as we near the election. Everyone's a racist that doesn't vote for him.
    http://campaignstops.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/06/09/how-racist-are-we-ask-google/

5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

6. All we need to do now is get our first woman elected and our first gay elected, then we can go back to selecting our candidates based on merit instead of political identity.

7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

+1

8. Banjo

Banjo

Rosie O' donnel, we can kill two birds with one stone and only suffer through four years instead of eight.

9. And throw in Elizabeth Warren as the VP, our first Native American.

10. JamesL

JamesL

A Native American as President - country comes full circle.

#10     Jun 13, 2012