Obama is delusional

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Jun 8, 2012.

1. Max E.

Max E.

So since the private sector is doing just fine, In your eyes what is it that suddenly caused the massive state/city deficits, and the 1.3 trillion dollar federal deficit?

#11     Jun 8, 2012
  2. Ricter

Ricter

I do agree that "just fine" is a big overstatement (though I do think the fundamentals are still improving, albeit slowly). But to answer your question, see my reply, above. We're a big, complicated country, no, empire. Even with perfect efficiency, which the private sector does not achieve by the way, government, i.e. management and administration, is going to be big; particularly since, unlike the private sector, we can't just "let people go" and they're off the books.

Many wish for a time when government was smaller and people were freer, sure, me too, since that time had a better environment, and some frontier left to explore. But we are crowded now, and not just that, we also wield powerful technologies that impact our space and each other dramatically. As I said some time back, the growth of government, worldwide, attends both crowding and improving accounting.

#12     Jun 8, 2012
  3. JamesL

JamesL

Obama got "Bookered"

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Barack Obama, seeking to clarify comments about the strength of the U.S. economy, said later Friday it is "absolutely clear" that the U.S. economy is "not doing fine."

Obama spoke hours after saying in a White House news conference that "the private sector is doing fine." Republicans pounced on those comments, saying they showed Obama had a lack of understanding about the nation's economic woes.

The president said later he knows the economy "needs to be strengthened." He says that while there has been some "good momentum" in the private sector, Congress needs to act to help boost jobs in the public sector.

He says there is no good reason why Congress won't act on his public sector proposals "other than politics."

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...clarify_remarks_on_private_sector_114429.html

#13     Jun 8, 2012
  4. Max E.

Max E.

LOL, was reading that when i was having a sip of my drink, just spit rye and coke all over my screen, funniest comment ever..... :D

#14     Jun 8, 2012
  5. Mercor

Mercor

Is there a measurement for productivity gains for the Public sector.
    More efficiencies with fewer workers.

Isn't that the true measurement of success...

#15     Jun 8, 2012
  6. jem

jem

I find it hard to believe that our govt is over 40% of GDP.

http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/us_20th_century_chart.html

Which means its what 80 percent the size of the private sector. Then throw in state govt spending and you have the insane result that govt is as big as the private sector.

So liberals will tell you that is not big enough. And they wonder why glen beck types say they are trying to blow the system up.

#16     Jun 8, 2012
  7. jem

jem

so Ricters response will be others spend more...

which is why their economies were once dwarfed by ours... until our govt spending got out of control.

#17     Jun 8, 2012
  8. I'll take a stab at public sector productivity increase.

Well, in order to be more productive, we will require our union members, to take 30 hours training per year. Of course,, they expect to be paid for time off for training and the taxpayer will pay for the course and course material.

#18     Jun 8, 2012
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

please tell me you are on drugs. sober coherent intelligent and knowledgeable men simply do not think like this.

#19     Jun 8, 2012