Obama is called a bigot!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by kut2k2, Dec 19, 2008.

1. kut2k2

kut2k2

Wow, some TIME or Newsweek reporter on MSNBC just said Obama was a "bigot" for invitng gay-basher Rick Warren to deliver the invocation at the inaugural. When the host challenged him on the use of the word "bigot", the reporter didn't back down from it. But he did hesitate from outright calling Obama a liar although he described Obama's claim of "seeking equality for gays" as "untrue".

:eek:

No honeymoon for Barry, people want the change they were promised.

2. I'm not a big fan of Rick Warren, but I think it is unfair to call him a gay basher. He supported the California marriage amendment, along with a solid majority of a state that voted overwhelmingly for Obama. Are they all gay bashers too?

3. kut2k2

kut2k2

It's his incendiary language. He followed the Rick Santorum example of comparing gay sex to incest and pedophilia, although he may have replaced Santorum's "bestialiy" with "polygamy".

I'm not gay but I am a pro-choice atheist and Warren has bashed my ilk as well, and I'm not a fan.

People foolish enough to stand next to a stone thrower should learn to duck. Are you listening, Barry?

4. A lot of pedophilia is same sex, a pervert is a pervert is a pervert.

The gays won't shut down their bathhouses and admit that homo activity is unhealthy and bad for the rest of us. Instead they say "it's spread into your communities now, better fund research for a cure". That's obnoxious if you ask me. Blacks don't want them riding their coattails regarding civil rights either. They should take the hint, nobody is buying their bs... well.. there's Phil Hendrie, he's a fine example of sanity and good judgement :D

5. kut2k2

kut2k2

No argument, but not all pedophiles are homosexual, and despite your prejudice, not all gays are pedophiles.

Besides even if there wasn't a gay issue, Warren has shown himself intolerant in other ways, as I said above. Somebody should introduce him to the US Constitution:

Article VI, section 3:

"... no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States."

6. kut2k2

kut2k2

"Obama has proved himself repeatedly to be a very tolerant, very rational-sounding sort of bigot. He is far too careful and measured a man to say anything [like Warren did] about body parts fitting together or marriage being reserved for the nonpedophilic, but all the same, he opposes equality for gay people when it comes to the basic recognition of their relationships. He did throughout his campaign, one that featured appearances by Donnie McClurkin, a Christian entertainer who preaches that homosexuals can become heterosexuals.

"Obama reminds me a little bit of Richard Russell Jr., the longtime Senator from Georgia who — as historian Robert Caro has noted — cultivated a reputation as a thoughtful, tolerant politician even as he defended inequality and segregation for decades. Obama gave a wonderfully Russellian defense of Warren on Thursday at a press conference. Americans, he said, need to "come together" even when they disagree on social issues. "That dialogue is part of what my campaign is all about," he said. Russell would often use the same tactic to deflect criticism of his civil rights record. It was a distraction, Russell said, from the important business of the day uniting all Americans. Obama also said today that he is a "fierce advocate for equality" for gays, which is — given his opposition to equal marriage rights — simply a lie. It recalls the time Russell said, "I'm as interested in the Negro people of my state as anyone in the Senate. I love them."

"Many gays I know gave money to Obama, which mystified me. The favored explanation was that he doesn't "really" believe gays shouldn't be allowed to marry; he just has to say that in order to win. People seemed to feel that once he had won, he would find a way — in his contemplative style — to help convince Americans that gay people really do deserve basic equality. Instead, he has found a way to insult gay people deeply.

"In California, some gay activists are planning to put marriage on the 2010 ballot so that Proposition 8 — which (thanks partly to Warren's support) passed last month, banning marriage equality in the state — can be undone. Gays will need to reach older, religious, and African-American voters in order to overturn Prop. 8 (those three groups all voted disproportionately for it). If gays hoped that President Obama would help, they may want to reconsider.

"The only piece of good news is that Obama loves to raise money, and he won't want significant gay donors to stop organizing fundraisers for him. Having picked Warren to pray at the Inauguration and Republican Robert Gates to stay on at the Department of Defense (where Gates will likely continue the policy of investigating gay service members — a policy he has the legal power to end with the stroke of a pen), Obama will now have to do something nice for the gays."

John Cloud, TIME magazine
    Thursday, Dec. 18, 2008

7. This is all about a "small" element of the gay community who happen to be aligned with the radical left. They are very vocal and have radical left friends in the press to fuel the fire. At the end of the day their votes mean nothing in comparison to courting the christian right vote. Politics 101...it's about the numbers.

8. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

They are all very open and understanding.
    "Open minded" and "fair" they would probably say....so long as you think what they want you to think.

9. "equality for gays"

gays fuck other men in the ass, nothing equates to that